Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map not loading after watch died during long run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was out for a 6 hour run yesterday, Ionic battery didn’t last as long, upon charging: the mileage is off, the map doesn’t load.. based on stepcount and history of average running pace, knowing the route etc, I can deduct how much I ran, but the « recovered stats » are off, same as on a shorter run this morning parts of the « road traveled » were skipped.. I wish the map would load. Help, pretty please!? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi! Does anyone know how to fix « missing » mileage? I seriously don’t think to have super powers as to take big leaps of 1.5 km or more. A 12 km run tracked only 8.8 km and map clearly shows the missing spots... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

6 hours--wow!

are you talking about the map on the Fitbit site?

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GesineRunswrote:

Was out for a 6 hour run yesterday, Ionic battery didn’t last as long, upon charging: the mileage is off, the map doesn’t load.. based on stepcount and history of average running pace, knowing the route etc, I can deduct how much I ran, but the « recovered stats » are off, same as on a shorter run this morning parts of the « road traveled » were skipped.. I wish the map would load. Help, pretty please!? 🙂

Good luck getting a good answer to those questions. If you were to read through a variety of my posts you'll find a common thread: the Ionic was designed for casual joggers and walkers. Not for competitive or extreme athletes. Due to its physical design it doesn't maintain GPS connection much past 10 miles (at best) and frequently stops recording. 

Enjoy it for its nice watch faces and sleep statistics. Don't expect it to accurately measure  your long runs or competitive performance. Those are simply beyond what it was designed to do. Too bad we weren't warned.

Best Answer
0 Votes