Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving on from Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been having wildly inaccurate HR readings with my Ionic since March. I reached out to Fitbit support and I was told that they are aware of some issues with the Ionic HR monitor and they are working on it. Fast forward to today and I’m still having the same issues. I reach back out to support and they basically tell me to mail them my Ionic and that they will send me a new one since I’m still under warranty. That would be fine in most cases but I told them I didn’t want another Ionic since it’s the only product that they admit has problems. I asked to send me the less expensive Charge HR since I had great success with that device. They declined. In the past when there has been problems with products under warranty they would sometimes offer a discount so I could purchase a different product. They declined that too. I have been a loyal Fitbit enthusiast since 2013 and owned most of their products. I told them I was considering switching to a competitor and their response was that they were sad to see me go. No customer service extended to even try and keep me. It certainly made the decision to walk away from 6 years of data that much easier. I am very disappointed in their lack of retaining customers that showed loyalty from early on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'm really sorry for your experience.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you on the Community @SunsetRunner. I appreciate the time that you took to share your experience. 

Your feedback is appreciated. We're always working to provide you with the best service and watches that can help you reach your exercise goals.

Fitbit totally appreciates that you've been a loyal customer, we're always happy to assist you with anything that you might need. I can confirm that our Support team reviews each case individually and the option that's provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty.

Thanks for your contribution @WendyB

Hope you can give Fitbit another opportunity in the future. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer