Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ionic doesn't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased the Fitbit ionic and have had nothing but trouble since I’ve bought it. Have now just bought my 6th/7th charger. It seems to have given up completely. Purchased it as it was the only Fitbit at the time that offered GPS

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Figoprince.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for the information provided.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. If after following their instructions you continue having difficulties with your Watch please let them know in order to get further assistance. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If possible try another charger!

Before doing that, check if the charging connector on your Ionic is clean, if not, clean it with some rubbing alcohol.

My charging connector started to get an orange color (from original gold) and I think soon enough will not charge anymore. 

KDealer Login

Best Answer
0 Votes

As Casper141 as said, clean the contacts with some isopropyl alcohol.

There is also a recess that surrounds the contacts. This gets really packed in and can prevent the lead contacts actually being able to connect to the watch contacts.  Really clean this groove out, use a tooth pick or anything small enough and really make sure it's clear of debris. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Casper have done this, cleaned it with alcohol left it standing, let it dry, left it standing for 30 mins. Fitbit Ionic still unresponsive!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks have done this still unresponsive..! It has been ongoing hassle since bought it, between new chargers and straps breaking

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community @Casper141 @SunsetRunner.

Thank you for your comments.

@Figoprince @Casper141 @SunsetRunner In addition to cleaning the charging contacts on the back of your Fitbit devices with rubbing alcohol, you can find some other troubleshooting steps to resolve charging issues in this article.

If you followed the instructions shared above without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes