Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ionic's touch screen stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last week the screen on my ionic went dim and wouldn’t brighten up so I could see it in the daylight. I turned the settings to full brightness and even then still dull. I tried the reset by pushing the two buttons combo. This didn’t work but miraculously it started working again about 6 days later. About 3 days after that the touchscreen feature  stopped working. I have tried everything! 2 button reset. The 3 button factory reset uninstalling and unpairing to try and start the setup from scratch.is this a dead watch? I can’t use any features that require touchscreen.  Has anyone experienced this or know how I can fix it. I do love my little fit

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Creaso. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Ionic before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

As @JohnnyRow has mentioned, it seems that you've set your Ionic in Sleep Mode. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders to move are muted.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • The Always-On Display clock face is turned off.
  • The screen stays dark when you turn your wrist.
  • The sleep mode icon illuminates in the quick settings.

To turn off Sleep Mode, please swipe down from the clock face on your watch to access the quick settings. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

However, if the touch screen is still unresponsive, try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

For dim screen make sure not in Sleep Mode, assuming that is even an option on Ionic.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Creaso. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Ionic before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

As @JohnnyRow has mentioned, it seems that you've set your Ionic in Sleep Mode. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders to move are muted.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • The Always-On Display clock face is turned off.
  • The screen stays dark when you turn your wrist.
  • The sleep mode icon illuminates in the quick settings.

To turn off Sleep Mode, please swipe down from the clock face on your watch to access the quick settings. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

However, if the touch screen is still unresponsive, try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply, I tried changing the screen several times in the previous trouble shoot I forgot to mention that to no avail. Also I went through the screen brightness settings prior to the unresponsive screen and all was set to automatic with no ‘do not disturb’ setting activated. The touch screen currently is still unresponsive. Sunday afternoon (before I saw this email) I managed to do a complete-factory reset (I don’t know why it worked this time using the side button technique) on the ionic and now it has rebooted has come up with the quick tips start up screen ‘press start’ which I can’t do because the screen doesn’t work and so can’t even tell the time🤦‍:male_sign:🤦‍:male_sign:🤦‍:male_sign:🤦‍:male_sign: Is this a hardware problem do you think and is it fixable? Thanks in advance for your help.
Best Answer

@Creaso Thanks for conforming that you've tried the steps suggested above. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes