Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had different types of Fibits and after my Versa died I found an ionic on sale. I bought it and it worked fine for a week, then died. I contacted Fitbit and they sent me a replacement. However, this one is terrible as well. The battery life is about 1 day. It will sync with my phone for a day and then stop. I have to uninstall and reinstall the app every single time. It will sometimes connect to my computer. It has trouble charging and it takes a long time to charge. This is the worst product I have ever owned and will never buy another product from Fitbit! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

It will sync with my phone for a day and then stop. I have to uninstall and reinstall the app every single time.

Have you tried FORCE STOPing the app? You don't mention what phone OS you are using.

If Android, go into Apps & notifications and look for or select Fitbit and hit FORCE STOP. back out and click on the Fitbit icon again to start the app. Try syncing. You may have to do this a few times - but it usually works. 

Uninstalling the app is a bit drastic. Sure, that may be necessary for some, but usually FORCE STOPing the app is suffice to getting a successful sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried this but it just says device can't be found. I have Android 6 and I never had this problem with my versa.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this but it just says device can't be found. I have Android 6 and I never had this problem with my versa.

IIRC, Android 6 and the last several App versions aren't compatible. Fitbit have dropped support for Android 6. 

What to do?

You can try searching for archives of the Fitbit app. They are out there. I can't remember the last app version that was compatible with A6, but you could experiment or install a version from late last year/ early this year. I know there are a couple of threads in the archive you could search for from recent months.

Find an archive of version 3.25 and before. You should have some luck.

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try clearing the cache for the Fitbit app and/or Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes