Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My just out of warranty item has stopped working, needless to say it is disappointing.  It is my third fitbit within 5 years and is not being made anymore.  The offer fitbit extended to me is a 35% discount off of watches which were less than the ionic.  The sense which is the replacement of the ionic is not offered in this 35% offer.  I guess Fitbit just expects me to be grateful that an offer was extended.  I have my whole family on Fitbit's however I am done.  I have never commented on anything however the customer service from fitbit left me with a very unsatisfied taste.  Not that they were rude, I understand that they are doing a job, it is the company stance on this.  I feel like a watch should last longer and so do they.  Maybe an apple watch will.....

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@sakas A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our Support team and your Fitbit Ionic. 

Sorry to hear about your experience with Fitbit. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. The options offered by our Support team are based on the Fitbit Warranty, if you have any questions about it, you could reply to the case you have with them. 

Have a great week. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a small sample, but I wonder if this is a more commonly occurring problem all of a sudden now?  Ionics just dying.  Out of the blue.  Oh well.

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me.  It was a very expensive watch, and I really thought it should last more than 2 years;  not to mention that the one I bought stopped working after a year and Fitbit Support sent me a replacement, which stopped synchronising after a few months.  I feel extremely disappointed and even regret that I bought a Fitbit Aria in the meanwhile.  I was also offered a discount if I chose to buy a new watch, but how should I trust a new Fitbit watch when I have bought three in the past five years, and I am left with nothing now?

Best Answer

Pienso igual que tú, una estafa a lo grande. Para que buscar soluciones, la única solución que te ofrecen es comprar uno nuevo. Pues eso una estafa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reading these it would seem to be the case. And in my particular case it managed to turn me to another vendor.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I have experienced the same issues.   I have been a big fan of the Fitbit Ionic since it was launched in September 2017 and purchased my first watch in October 2017.  However,  I am currently on my third Ionic watch.   Not a very good track record given the cost of this product.   This last watch was a replacement watch via insurance I purchased on 2nd watch.  I have had it for less than 30 days and felt it was not working correctly.  I went from being excellent cardio score for my age to poor for my age in 2 weeks with new watch.   I was hunting this week and walking significant miles and this watch said my cardio rate only bumped into the fat zone for a small time.  I don't think I am in that good of shape.  When I called to see about replacing this watch or being given the option of discount off new watch I was not given an answer by hotline.   All they wanted to do is give you the obvious questions like did you perform a hard reset?  etc.etc.etc.   Talked with supervisor today and they would send me replacement but needed to send my unit back first.  I said not acceptable but was more than willing to allow them to charge my account but then credit when they did receive back the item.  They said their process does not allow that.   Discount offer is not available for new Sense product.  So I purchased insurance on the product and can continue to have the choice to receive questionable product and make it a hassle to me and not given the option to purchase it's replacement unit at a discount as Ionic is no longer sold.  That in itself should tell you something when you see that they have Version 2's & 3's of other products yet they took this product off the market after one version.   When you read all the issues with the Ionic I think it is pretty obvious the quality of unit is suspect.   Very disappointed with this product yet I love the features.  Lack of support by hotline just adds salt to the wound.    I have been told that Apple watch without apple phone is way over priced and dumbed down.  Anyone have any suggestions to what  other smartwatches are on par with Ionic or Sense but lasts more than a year?

Best Answer

I am in the process of reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau in my area. In checking online it looks like Google is in the process of buying Fitbit. The products  currently are substandard and grossly defective. I just cannot spend this much money for a product, to have it only last not even a year and half. I just want to be made whole. I ask that you and all others scammed by Fitbit report you issues to the proper authorities. I am.

Best Answer
0 Votes