Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Music Transfer/Wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit won't connect to my laptop to transfer music. How do I fix this???

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Guys I have found the solution. The Fitbit ionic cannot connect to 5Ghz Wifi, so I had to switch it off on my router which fixed the problem.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @hasthetrainer 

What type of laptop? 

Are you trying to setup music transfer or simply add more music to the ionic? 

Is this music on the laptop or do you want to add a streaming service? 

Is the laptop connected to the same WiFi network that the ionic is attached to? Has WiFi been setup? 

Is the ionic plugged in and charging? 

Are you receiving any errors, if so at what step and what error? 

Sorry for the questions but there was not enough info to know what was trying to be done. 

Best Answer

macbook pro

setting up and it won't work

from laptop (streaming is not possible anyway as far as I know)

wifi doesn't always set up

plugged in and charging yes

no errors

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both Deezer and Pandora can store the music streamed directly to the tracker. 

Is the Mac connected to the same network that the ionic's WiFi is connected to? 

Since I no nothing about MAC I can only point to the help doc, and advise to edit the title of this thread adding MAC to the subject. 

The FAQ has some details with a few screen shots. 

How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch?

Best Answer

Guys I have found the solution. The Fitbit ionic cannot connect to 5Ghz Wifi, so I had to switch it off on my router which fixed the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you saying that if you have both the 2.4 and 5 GHz running on your router, you have to turn off the 5 GHz, even if the laptop is connected on the 2.4 channel? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, you can leave 5 on. I would hook the laptop to 2.4 when setting up the Versa. For transferring music I would think the laptop can be hooked to either, since they are both on the same network. 

In theory you should be able to setup the versa to the 2.4 even with the laptop connected to 5.0

Best Answer

Well I finally was able to transfer my music. I added a new wifi access point and configured a new 2.4 and 5 GHZ radio channel on it.  After I connected to the new 2.4 GHz network the transfer work. The old 2.4 network is up and running but I cannot get my music to transfer using that one. Could be a port or firewall setting which may be interfering/blocking the music transfer.  Setting up a new WAP was the trick for me, but the headaches involved made me reconsider getting another fitbit again.  We really need just a drag/drop capability from your laptop your fitbit without all the hassle of wifi.  My 2 cents.

Best Answer
0 Votes