Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer automatically logging sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The first night I wore my ionic, it automatically logged my sleep. I've worn it every night since and it no longer logs my sleep. What is the issue?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hey there @Tori427, it's nice to see you around the forums! Hmmmm... this is strange my friend. Have you been wearing your tracker in the same way you did the first night?

One thing I recommend is switching your heart rate setting to 'On' instead of 'Auto.' If the heart rate setting is set to 'On' your heart rate will always be active. Keep in mind that you need to record heart rate to calculate sleep stages. If you were to turn off heart rate, your sleep logs will go back to the classic style.

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

Also, please take a look at all the requirements for receiving sleeping stages in this post

Test your tracker tonight and let me know if tomorrow you get your sleep stages again. Woman Very Happy I'll be here! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Mine started doing that a few weeks ago. It is recording, just not automatically logging on the app, because when I sync first thing in the morning no sleep shows up, but if I then manually add the time I went to bed and the time I woke up in the app it will analyze my sleep and then log it.  Just annoying to have to do the extra steps when it is supposed to do it automatically.

Best Answer
0 Votes