Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking Walk activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recelly got a new Ionic because my previous one died after 10 months. The only problem is that 

this Ionic won't track my walks. I have restarted it several times and it helps for a day or two, and then it stops. I do walk a lot and my Ionic tracked everything. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Snowbell welcome aboard! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'm happy to give you a hand with this situation. 

I'd like to bring appreciating your time and effort troubleshooting this situation prior posting. I'd like to let you know that our SmartTrack feature recognizes activities based on the continuous movement of your arms. Sometimes, motions such as placing your arms on the bar of a treadmill, or pushing a stroller while you walk, may interrupt SmartTrack. Additionally, stopping in the middle of an exercise may interrupt the activity tracking.

By default, SmartTrack recognizes an exercise that lasts at least 15 minutes. If your activities aren't being recognized, lowering the time auto-exercise recognition setting to 10 minutes may help ensure they record properly. For more information about how SmartTrack tracks activities, please check our help article: What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection. Please take in consideration this information and let me know if you continue experiencing difficulties.

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply Ricardo BUT I'm not walking with a stroller nor on treadmill. I'm walking my dogs for more than half an hour twice every day and my SmartTrack is set to 10 minutes. I also walk daily without the dogs and for more than 15 minutes without stopping.

More importantly, my previous Ionic did recognize these walks and my level of activity hasn't changed.  Steps are accounted for as well as active minutes so I find it hard to believe that it's possible to have walked 12,000 steps and be active 50 minutes without having walked for 10-15 consecutive minutes.

The SmartTrack does work for a day or two if I restart my watch. 

Finally I want to stress that up until this watch you could count on one hand the number of days in which some kind of SmartTrack hasn't been recorded and I have been using Fitbit for close to 3 years.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Snowbell thanks for your reply, update and the detailed information that was shared with me. My sincere apologies for the delayed reply. 

Can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this situation and how many times too? Seems odd that your walks are only being recorded after a restart process on your device. Also, this happens with all of the activities you perform or only with Walk activity? I'll be looking to your reply.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes