Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification compatibility with Samsung Galaxy Tab E

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought an Ionic - my first FitBit device - and was under the impression that it could receive text messages from my Android device.  While I sometimes seem to get a basic "notification that a message has been received" I don't actually see any of the text of that message.

I tried to look up the compatibility features available with my device - a Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.0 - but that device is not listed in the dropdown at https://www.fitbit.com/devices.

How can I find a list of compatible features available with my Ionic and Galaxy Tab device combo?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey there @JRitzman, welcome to the Fitbit Community! As you mentioned, the reason why your tracker is not syncing/showing notifications with your Galaxy Tab E Lite is due to this device is not compatible with the Fitbit app. See the Tabs compatible at the moment:

GalaxyTab.png

This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when it will be added. Therefore, there's no a list that I can share with you for the features available for this device since it's not compatible.

However, since you were able to connect your phone to your tracker but you keep having syncing issues, don't forget that this will be due to the incompatibility of the phone. What means that the functionalities have a chance to work if you try some troubleshooting steps, I'd suggest following these steps:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit App.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth, WiFi or mobile data and phone.
  3. Once the previous steps are done, restart your Fitbit.
  4. Turn the phone, Bluetooth and Internet connection back on and try to sync again.

On the other hand, in regards to the notifications, since you're on Android, if the preview message is off then it won't preview through Fitbit either, no matter what you set it to through the app. So, check it by going to Settings --> Device --> Applications --> Messages --> Notifications --> Must be on, pop-up display switched on, and Preview Message on. Smiley Very Happy

If the previous steps does not work, you can also try the syncing process with a different mobile device or use the computer by downloading the Fitbit Connect software as I've suggested before. 

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to assist you with! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for replying and trying to address my concerns.  You have made some mistakes which I would like to correct:

1-My device is NOT a Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite.  There is no "Lite" in the name of my device.

2-I understand that my device is still not on the list of compatible devices at the link we both mentioned.  The app is partially (mostly?) working, so it would be considerate of FitBit to at least let users know specifically what they will and will not be able to do with the app on that device.

3-I do not "keep having syncing issues" (and my device is not a phone).  The Ionic appears to be sending data to the App on my tablet just fine.  My question was regarding text message notifications.

4-As for those notifications, my device's Settings menu is apparently different from yours.  My tablet is on Android version 7.1.1, if that helps.  In any case, I was able to verify that Notifications are On for the Messaging app.  Ditto for the Ionic.  Perhaps the reason that full messages (or at least previews) are not showing up on the Ionic is due to the lack of a full feature set on the tablet, though this seems like a very basic feature.  Again, it would be nice if FitBit were to let users know which features are compatible with which devices and operating system versions.

5-I downloaded the desktop app and tried to sync with it.  It kept giving an "unspecified" error message.  When I tried to click around to determine whether it had a fuller feature set than my tablet, I was simply redirected to the web app.

Let me know if you can clear any of that up.  Thanks again!

Best Answer