Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification services is not activated on pocophone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I've got the Iconic and a Pocophone f1 (under Android 9.0 ) which is not found in the compatibility phone list. 

I've a  notification issue : no sms are send on my iconic from my phone. 

Best regards

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hey @xlhomme, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! I'm afraid that, due to the incompatibility of this phone model with Fitbit devices, not all the features will work as expected. Set up, syncing, notifications and GPS are the most features you'll have inconveniences with, when using a non-compatible device. However, you can give it a try at the troubleshooting in this help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone, just keep in mind that I can't guarantee that it'll work. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. Before starting this post, I have search the web, thevcommunthe to find all sort of test to do. Even some Fitbit notification application. But nothing. 

I don't understand if the issue is due to a hardware problem (iconic ou pocophone), due to a software problem (Android, Fitbit application, Iconic Firmeware), due to a 'licence', due to a parameter on android. 

Best regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me @xlhomme! Well, this is due to a little bit of both, hardware and software differences. There are some requirements (like Bluetooth) on your phone that won't allow it to connect with Fitbit devices. So you could either sync with another compatible device or maybe a computer. 

Let me know if you have further questions or comments! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

you have to give the fitbit app permission to the lockscreen. thats all. (i think that was in the advanced permissions).

this should solve this problem on many android phones.

this has taken me a lot of hours 😉 to figure out.

i think that deserves some money from fitbit for me for my holidays 😉

a lot of people asking this question... and that is the solve.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Finally, I succeed to receive a Sms notification on my Fitbit iconic. 

I have downloaded the Sync fitbit for Huawei/honor. I think the key point is to disable the optimisation of the battery for the application... But it's perhaps not the only  permission or setting you should have.

Best regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing that tip my friend @nasabaer! I'm pretty sure that will help other users with the same issue, to solve it. 

@xlhomme, sounds great that you are getting notifications on your Ionic. There are some Huawei Honor models that are compatible with Fitbit devices. I appreciate the update. 😉 

Keep me posted if you have further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to ask you what version of Fitbit sync for Honor you have installed, 2.84 or 2.83? I have the same problem with my pocophone, don't receive notification SMS, what's up etc.... I have installed the 2.84 Huawei honor version on my Xiaomi pocophone but the problem is still there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

In fact it's 

Sync fix for Fitbit 0.6.2

Best regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I've installed this Sync fix for Fitbit 0.6.2 from play store but still nothing. Do I need to meka some additional settinings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this comment is targeted at Fitbit. Notifications don't work on my Pocophone F1, but they did work on my last Moto phone, which was also not on the list of compatible phones. Since the list of compatible phones is not very long, and since you clearly can't walk into a store and ask to try pairing a Fitbit to your phone, how are you supposed to work out whether the Fitbit you want to buy is going to work for you. I've had messages from Fitbit support saying they hope to add this feature soon for about 2 years now, so clearly they're not putting any effort into this. My feeling is that their design goal should have been that notifications work on Android phones, not on a small subset of Android phones, and any failure to meet that goal should have resulted in a team of people being assigned the task of resolving the issue. My phone's specs/price are important to me (which is why I chose a Pocophone F1), so I'm not about to choose a phone based on whether it's on Fitbit's approved list. I had hoped that the news of Google buying them might have given them a kick up the rear, but that seems to be dragging on without an end in sight. So for me, that's the end of the road with Fitbit. I'm busy now evaluating alternatives.

Best Answer