Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oppo f1s compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am thinking about buying a fitbit Ionic later this year. I am wondering if I can use the fitbit app on my Oppo f1s to track my everyday data. The Oppo f1s is not listed under compatable devices. Does this mean that I won't get any data on my phone and the Ionic won't sync at all? Or does that mean I just can't get notifications on the Ionic? 

I don't want to buy the Ionic and for it not to work with my phone!

Please help!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back @Webby1234! You can use your computer to sync your Ionic data to your Fitbit account and use the Fitbit app to register food, activities, etc or to just see your information or edit anything about your profile. 

Currently, your tracker won't sync or receive notifications from your phone but you can use it to check or log your information. 

Hope this clarifies any doubt! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

A warm welcome to the Community @Webby1234! I'm glad to hear that you're thinking about getting a Fitbit Ionic. Currently, Oppo f1s isn't listed as compatible just as you mentioned. At the moment, you won't be able to sync your tracker and the notifications won't work. 

Fitbit is always working to get new devices added to the list. So, keep an eye on it and once it goes compatible you can start using it with your Ionic. You can also use your computer in the meantime to sync your Fitbit tracker

Hope this helps! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I can't see recorded data on the fitbit app on the Oppo f1s because it can't sync? Is that what sync means? 

If so can you please add Oppo f1s to the compatible devices so that I can buy an ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I can get data on the app but just not get notifications that is OK. Please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So the Ionic will not transfer data to my Oppo f1s? Meaning I can't use the
fitbit app on my phone to see recorded data?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Webby1234! You can use your computer to sync your Ionic data to your Fitbit account and use the Fitbit app to register food, activities, etc or to just see your information or edit anything about your profile. 

Currently, your tracker won't sync or receive notifications from your phone but you can use it to check or log your information. 

Hope this clarifies any doubt! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your answer it did clarify everything. 

I have one more question, my computer has windows 10 and has Bluetooth 4.0. I have read about syncing without a dongle. Can you please clarify about if I would need a dongle or not to sync.

Thank you... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Webby1234! Since, you have a computer that has Windows 10 and Bluetooth 4.0, you can sync your tracker without using a Dongle. You can learn more about it by checking Welcome to the Windows 10 Fitbit App! Q&A Options

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all your help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate that this post is quite old but it is now out of date an inaccurate and deserves an update.

The Ionic and the Oppo F1S are (unofficially)  compatible. I know this because I have just obtained both and managed to get them working together.

The syncing process works just fine. I have not experienced any issues with syncing.

I did experience issues with loosing sleep details but this was because I was starting sleep recording on the phone rather than letting the Ionic detect sleep itself. Once I reverted to allowing the Ionic to auto-detect sleep, I have started getting detailed sleep stage information again.

The only issue I had recently was notifications. The Notification service died almost instantly the phone was restarted and so I was never getting notifications.

I tracked it down to aggressive battery management policies on the Oppo, that is, the Oppo was freezing the fit bit app as soon as it went into background mode, causing the notification service to stop.

The solution to fix this is:

on the Oppo, go to Settings -> Battery

in the power consumption details section, choose "Other"

you should see a list of apps of which one will be FitBit, Open (tap) it

There should be 2 settings available, "Freeze when in background" and "Automatically optimise when an abnormally (?) is detected"

Turn both of these....OFF

I also make sure that the Oppo doesn't close the fitbit app when I "back button" it. If I accidentally close the fitbit app, I restart it immediately and this seems to ensure the notification service remains running.

Hope this info helps someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes