Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

@racertempo wrote:

@minigno wrote:

Edit: After re-reading the most recent reply, this was exactly the case...making a small offer to please an unhappy customer.

Yes.... This is exactly my point.  The person simply inquired about shipping status and they handed out free expedited shipping. Maybe I should call and be pissed and try to get upgraded from my paid second day air to next day? 

If it means that much to you, sure.  I too paid for expedited shipping, but I'm typically not a "what about that guy?!" person.  I find I'm much happier in worrying about what I can control than what benefits someone else gets over me, or what they have that is better etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also if you have paid for express delivery and ordered on 28 /29th and it’s still not shipping - call fitbit and task them to refund the express delivery if they they are over the estimated date. 

It will frack off a lot of people if they could have just ordered via Amazon prime or via a reseller offering free delivery on release day! 2nd Oct.  I see Best Buy Canada also are pre order for delivery on 2nd too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also if you have paid for express delivery and ordered on 28 /29th and it’s still not shipping - call fitbit and task them to refund the express delivery if they they are over the estimated date. 

It will frack off a lot of people if they could have just ordered via Amazon prime or via a reseller offering free delivery on release day! 2nd Oct.  I see Best Buy Canada also are pre order for delivery on 2nd too.

its your money!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@N8teGee wrote:

@racertempo wrote:

There is no status level of Fitbit customers.

You mention you've been given free upgrades at the Hilton when I imagine others have paid for the same upgraded room. So why are you upset that others have been upgraded to expedited shipping whilst you have paid? Surely it's just swings and roundabouts? I'd sooner take the better room over free expedited shipping. Certainly nothing to get angry about, it happens every day in life. 

What I left above in my quote is why I would be upset.  I get upgrades on American Air and at Hilton because of my status with them.  I travel for a living and my company has spend over $40k just on air tickets for me this year alone.  You are darn right that deserves free upgrades, same with Hilton.

With Fitbit there is no status, nothing for people to be upset about at this time, shipping within 3-4 (for US customers) is still within the window for orders on day 1.  Yes....it was nice for Fitibit customer service to do that, but why?  When you give out lots of freebies to people, those who paid will rightfully start getting concerned and angered.  

I know this only happened one time that we are aware of......but this Fitbit person clearly has the right to do it, so it is probably happening frequently.  Had I not paid I would be on the phone right now asking for the upgraded shipping.....and EVERYONE on here should be doing the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

@cellophanecerea wrote:

Also they upgraded my shipping to expedited when I asked for it.

This pisses me off to hear. I pay for expedited shipping but they just hand it out like candy when someone inquires about a ship date? 

I asked for expedited shipping and had to pay for it if it makes you feel better Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@minigno wrote:

@racertempo wrote:

@minigno wrote:

Edit: After re-reading the most recent reply, this was exactly the case...making a small offer to please an unhappy customer.

Yes.... This is exactly my point.  The person simply inquired about shipping status and they handed out free expedited shipping. Maybe I should call and be pissed and try to get upgraded from my paid second day air to next day? 

If it means that much to you, sure.  I too paid for expedited shipping, but I'm typically not a "what about that guy?!" person.  I find I'm much happier in worrying about what I can control than what benefits someone else gets over me, or what they have that is better etc.

If I am paying $200 a month for my cell phone or cable, and my neighbor is paying $150.......then you are darn right I care and ask for the better price.  If you are so zen that it does not bother you that is fine, to each their own for sure......but I bet it someone in front of you at a Best Buy paid $250 for an Ionic and you were next in line and heard that he paid $250.....but you are told $300.........if you don't ask why then I don't know what to say to you.  I would bet you would wonder why and ask to pay the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But I would say there is a major difference between two people in a retail location paying different prices in back to back transactions then a customer service call where someone gave a free upgrade for a customer.

To be fair, you also don't know the previous history with the customer, if there had been other issues, or if he had purchased many fitbit products.  Also it's $10.  My time is worth more than the 10 bucks to contact them, complain, and get it switched to free.  I just isn't all that big a deal to me.

If getting it a couple days quicker is worth $10 in the first place, I'm not that worried about some here and there getting it without paying, what can I say.  To me it's just part of the economics of customer service and I don't take it personally.  If they are randomly changing advertised pricing for some on the main product (and not an auxiliary sped up service) my story would change, but that's not the case.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

its your money!

Yes, totally agree.  If I paid for 2 day shipping on 8/28......I should have before ANYONE who did not pay for expedited shipping.  If not, I got screwed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep it’s your money - we all work hard to earn it so it’s daft to pay more for same thing which you can get elsewhere for less, that’s just common sense.

i cancelled my order and switched to a reseller primarily so I know the date and can plan better (with a confirmed date = less stress and when to be home to collect etc.

Also it will be nuts if I get mine before other uk people who still have preorders direct with Fitbit. That would be a huge own goal for them in terms of customer service AND especially as due to exchange rates we pay more as Fitbit charge same amount for dollar or pound!!

Best Answer

If someone can get something for free then good luck to them. I couldn't care less if I've paid for the same thing or not. Life is too short to worry about a few pounds/dollars.... 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

There was comment on here earlier that preorders had been delayed by 3-4 weeks. Probably a case of a customer service rep that doesn't know what's going on and mis-interpreted the "ships 3-4 weeks from preorder" date timeline. The current store webpage (in the US) clearly indicates that devices are shipping within 1 week and I just don't think FitBit would screw up this badly if that wasn't the case. 

Based on current info it sound like the first orders will be shipped starting on 09/25, which is right in line with 3-4 weeks from when pre-orders started. I ordered mine on 08/28 and expect to receive my shipping notification sometime next week and device in hand by next Friday (hopefully).

Frankly, I don't think the AW3 is any competition, but it really depends on what you use the device for. The IONIC is a smart fitness device and not a smartwatch. The limited battery life of AW3 is a huge drawback that I just can't support. 1 hour of LTE calling - what's the point?  I for one am glad that Fitbit didn't make the decision to add an LTE module in the IONIC and sacrificed battery life. I spent good $ on the LG Sport Watch that has LTE, bluetooth, Wifi and I think even a kitchen sink built in. It's now an expensive paper weight, because I actually use my devices heavily and it can't even make it through an entire work day. Which also reminds me that I finally need to sell the darn thing....

Fitbit is focusing on fitness and not trying to be a jack of all trades and IMHO that's currently the right thing to do. Once battery technology evolves to where this isn't a limitation, then by all means....make it a standalone device, so I don't have to carry my phone anymore if I don't want to. 

End of rant. Getting off my soap box now. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@N8teGee wrote:

If someone can get something for free then good luck to them. I couldn't care less if I've paid for the same thing or not. Life is too short to worry about a few pounds/dollars.... 

If I knew they got it for free, I would spend 5 minutes and ask to get it free as well. For ANYTHING.  Why wouldn't you? $10 here $20 there, it all adds up, no?  If you don't date about money, good for you..... I do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

@minigno wrote:

No, the Fitbit representative didn't volunteer the free shipping. I told them they had faulted on their agreement to provide the device within the specified time frame, and that the only way to minimize the time lost was to provide me with expedited shipping (2 business days is the fastest they offer). 

They agreed. Don't expect Customer Service to do the right thing. They just want to get you off the phone without causing you to file a complaint. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it's something that is important to you, you should do it all the time then, if you think it's worth your time...that's how a lot of this works. They can't maximize profits if they offer something for less to everyone as a matter of course, but part of the economics is who is willing to pay for what.  If it appeases an upset customer, toss them something.  If someone is a pain trying to negotiate and it's worth it to give them what they want and move on...well alright.

This isn't a Fitbit thing...the example you gave earlier about a cable bill?  I GUARANTEE you some of your neighbors are paying something different.  They are constantly offering different temporary incentives to get you to upgrade your service (notice, not a free upgrade) or buy new products. And potential new customers almost always get offered better incentives than current ones.  

Once your initial contract incentive is up, or contract is up, call your cable company and tell them their services aren't worth it to you anymore.  See how quickly their prices change for the service.  One of the most difficult tasks in the world is cancelling cable! 🙂

My point is that you shouldn't take it personally if someone gets something you don't through some incentive.  This is a normal part of business for most companies.

Edit: And again with more information supplied with the latest reply from the actual person who reported it (directly above):  You will be more successful with this type of bargaining than not if you are able to offer a specific and reasonable solution to make things right.  It will typically at least start a negotiation.  No one hands these things out like candy, there are economics and reasoning involved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it's something that is important to you, you should do it all the time then, if you think it's worth your time...that's how a lot of this works. They can't maximize profits if they offer something for less to everyone as a matter of course, but part of the economics is who is willing to pay for what.  If it appeases an upset customer, toss them something.  If someone is a pain trying to negotiate and it's worth it to give them what they want and move on...well alright.

This isn't a Fitbit thing...the example you gave earlier about a cable bill?  I GUARANTEE you some of your neighbors are paying something different.  They are constantly offering different temporary incentives to get you to upgrade your service (notice, not a free upgrade) or buy new products. And potential new customers almost always get offered better incentives than current ones.  

Once your initial contract incentive is up, or contract is up, call your cable company and tell them their services aren't worth it to you anymore.  See how quickly their prices change for the service.  One of the most difficult tasks in the world is cancelling cable! 🙂

My point is that you shouldn't take it personally if someone gets something you don't through some incentive.  This is a normal part of business for most companies.

And  one more detail...with more information supplied with the latest reply from the actual person who reported it:  You will be more successful with this type of bargaining than not if you are able to offer a specific and reasonable solution to make things right.  It will typically at least start a negotiation.  No one hands these things out like candy, there are economics and reasoning involved.

Best Answer

The thing I have found is I contact customer service pretty calm, and not that unhappy, and am livid by the time I put down the phone.

I got the issue escalated to a manager, and was ready to shred my current fitbit by the time I have finished that communication.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like @SunsetRunner said, talk to customer service and ask to get a refund for your expedited shipping or if you don't want to ask just tell them you are unhappy about paying the expedited shipping. I think kchaloner got a refund for their shipping, in the begining before cancelling their order with Fitbit IIRC. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have amazon prime, so currently I have an order with both, though if it does not ship on the 2nd, I will probably not have an order with anyone.

If the pre order does not ship by next friday, the fitbit one gets cancelled - that leaves the amazon one free to ship on the monday.

If the fitbit one ships first, the amazon one gets cancelled.

Though I am upset they have still not put out an email letting pre orderers know what is going on, it shows very little respect for their customers, if any.

Best Answer

@Cweord wrote:

I have amazon prime, so currently I have an order with both, though if it does not ship on the 2nd, I will probably not have an order with anyone.

If the pre order does not ship by next friday, the fitbit one gets cancelled - that leaves the amazon one free to ship on the monday.

If the fitbit one ships first, the amazon one gets cancelled.

Though I am upset they have still not put out an email letting pre orderers know what is going on, it shows very little respect for their customers, if any.

I have Amazon Prime as well; what arrival date are they showing for you?

Best Answer

2nd Oct is what is showing

Best Answer
0 Votes