Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi folks,

Anyone else have issues with notifications on their Ionic?  I'm on a OnePlus 5 here.

I find that after a few hours, notifications stop piping through to the watch.  Normal sync is fine, and I've excluded the Fitbit app from battery optimisation and enabled the permanent notification and constant connection.

The only way for me to restore notification is to shut down and restart the watch.

So frustrating!

Best Answer
122 REPLIES 122

no issues with iPhone6+.

I notice OnePlus One is listed here @chrishyder; but not OnePlus 5

may not be "fully" compatible with your tracker for all features yet. Keep monitoring the list, once fully compatible it gets added as full-feature

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

That’s exactly what happened to me, was working fine and then stopped. A restart fixed it. This has happened twice now. Originally I thought it was because I downloaded the developer version of the firmware.

im using an iPhone 8+

Best Answer

I’m fed up with (lack of) notifications. I’ve restarted my phone and watch countless times and deleted and reinstalled the Ionic from the app. Think I’ve picked a dud with this one. My AW2 is looking better with each passing email...

Best Answer

Mine might well be going back, too. It's bordering on useless! Mine worked briefly for s few hours, and is again no longer syncing notifications...

Best Answer

I Started losing notifications when i get out of Wi-Fi range. Not sure why that matters but the test notification works but i stop getting text and email notifications. Then i get back home to my wifi it works again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting - I'm heading out shortly, so will see if I can reproduce this as well. 

Have you all reported this to Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very interesting, the Ionic recieve the notification thru the Phone thru Bluetooth.

nice to hear there is a depency of WiFi or not

Btw: I get notifications thru the whole day, from 11 app’s onmy IPhone 

update: with WiFi off on the IPhone notifications still come thru!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CarlosCFitbit - did you have any thoughts on this? It's becoming a total deal breaker 😞

Best Answer

I couldn't replicate the going in and out of WiFi range - mine does seem to be random.

My notifications were working when I went to sleep, but now they've stopped again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications seem to be working fine from my LG G6. I don't have many selected, but they seem to be coming through straight away. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@davidf100010 wrote:

I Started losing notifications when i get out of Wi-Fi range. Not sure why that matters but the test notification works but i stop getting text and email notifications. Then i get back home to my wifi it works again.

Update

Not sure what it has to do with but I'm losing notifications then I rebond and I will start getting them again only to stop getting them later on. I just got an email that did not show up as a notification now. It seems like I'm losing the connection for no reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you reported this to Fitbit? Need to get these bug reports in 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to report it but I was waiting to see if they release an update and see if it is fixed. I'm also using the windows 950 phone so I'm seeing if that is supported. My Blaze worked great for notifications on my 950 but the GPS never worked. I will report it if the next update does not fix this kind of thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m getting every notification except email. Fed up with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is back in the box and going for a refund. This really does just feel
like a glorified, buggy Blaze - going back to my trusty Fenix 5..!
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I’m getting every notification except email. Fed up with it.

I get e-mail notifications of ms outlook!

email app of IPhone Hove no notification as App, its not yre watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I always used to get notifications from the Mail app when I used to have a Blaze...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had sporadic issues with notifications. I've never had them stop coming through completely, but I do notice that sometimes I'll get a notification on my phone and not have it show up on the watch, even though the app is enabled for notifications on the watch.

Best Answer

Same here, turn the Ionic off and on didn't work for me. Turn off and on the bluetooth on my Phone (Nexus 6P) does the job!

I've to say I had the same issue last weeks with my Surge, so I think my Phone is the problem here.

Best Answer
0 Votes