Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for fellow users regarding sync issues-exchange or keep?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Ionic Users,

I recently purchased my Ionic. I think it's really cool, but I've been running into some sync issues, with bluetooth and wifi. From what I've gathered from reading these forums, it may be a common problem.

Specifically, the manual sync button doesn't work in the fitbit app at all. When wifi is on, I have tons of syncing issues when it comes to downloading and updating the preferences of apps. I get a lot of 'can't connect messages', or 'restart bluetooth' messages. With wifi not connected, things are better, but my fitbit still won't consistently stay connected for very long. In addition, all the water counting apps for the Ionic don't work, except for maybe Hydrate(but it doesn't sync often enough to be better than using the phone app). So my questions for you all are:

1. Is my Ionic defective or are these issues universal for all Ionics?(I suspect it's universal, but if it's not I will exchange my Ionic for another one.)

2. Did Factory Reset solve any of these issues for you? I've already restarted, deleted and redownloaded the fibit app, and disconnected and reconnected the Ionic to my account.

3. I bought a protector from amazon. Could this be interfering with the connection?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, the factory resets worked for me, but I had to do them for different reasons.

For the apps, you need to contact the developers directly. 

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Yeah, I'm thinking I may contact the developers directly for one of the water recording apps. I'd still like to know if manual sync works for most people, or if it doesn't work for most people. I'd rather avoid a factory reset if I don't have to do it.

On the bright side, automatic sync is suddenly working better since I did a restart.

Best Answer
0 Votes