Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question before I update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit was working fine since early Jan. after a troublesome post-Christmas week. However, last night I noticed the weather app stopped working and this morning I noticed all my steps from yesterday (Thurs.) were gone, except for a few I took before going to bed after midnight Thurs. a.m. There is also no sleep tracking data for last night or the night prior. (So none of Thurs. or Fri.) The battery was charged on Wed. morning and is at 70% now. Bluetooth looked to be connected on my phone.

I noticed I now have the update message on my Ionic but I'm a little fearful due to all the problems noted. Will my steps from yesterday and sleep tracking data be restored if I updated or are they gone forever?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If by the time you sync the ionic no information is updated to your profile, it is most likely the update won't help you recover it. My recommendation: contact support so they can check if perhaps there is something going on with the ionic.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

If by the time you sync the ionic no information is updated to your profile, it is most likely the update won't help you recover it. My recommendation: contact support so they can check if perhaps there is something going on with the ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for answering so quickly! I managed to get it to sync to PC app after a few more minutes.  The Ionic paired to it via Bluetooth and info. was updated.

I then had to repair it to my phone...there was an issue there even though it originally said it was connected. 

I updated the phone app this morning and started the Ionic update. For some reason the update did not want to start over WiFi, even though I know my internet speed is very high. (A tech support guy at Apple told me a few weeks ago mine was the fastest home internet he’d seen, downloading in 2 minutes what took others 2 hours. I also work from home periodically with no issues. But maybe this isn’t a speed issue...I’m not sure. I’m moderately technically savvy but no IT expert. I feel sorry for people with no expertise in this area as it took some doing to get everything paired up and troubleshoot the issue.)

Anyway, the update has been running about an hour and should be finished shortly. The only odd thing I saw prior to the update was that the “steps”area on my phone app had disappeared and been replaced with calories. I’m sure that’s an easy fix once my update is complete. Fingers crossed that my Ionic works as well as before, or better, since it misses about 30% of my indoor steps right now!

Best Answer
0 Votes