Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick response messages with Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

also when I go to the fitbit blog community it says my ionic has a feature to send quick responses from messages that feature doesn't come up for me is it  possible too add it and the ability to limit messages received from FB, I have an iPhone 6s plus iOS is 11.... 

Thank you, 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

It is only for android at this time

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around the community @Kitnpawz704. Let me help you with your quick response messages inquiry. 

This feature is not available at this time as our friend @Cantryboy mentioned. You can create a new suggestion in order to get developers attention.

@Cantryboy, thanks for your help! Robot LOL

I'll be around if you have more questions. 

Best Answer

Quick Replies are listed as a feature for the Ionic when you do the side-by-side comparison of trackers. A hover over reveals that this feature is "coming soon".  Why only for Android?

Best Answer

Why is it for android only vessels umfair I should of bought apples watch

Best Answer

@Kitnpawz704 because Apple has not opened their platform to allow Fitbit to access responding to messages.

Best Answer

So they are being greedy like Disney

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually no, you should have bought an Android phone 🙂

Best Answer
Getting new phone soon and that is my plan LoL

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @StrickBit! It's been a while since my last response. At this time is this feature is only planned for Android devices. 

Thank you for your comments @Kitnpawz704@sfringer and @Schogger.

Please keep visiting our Forums! Robot LOL

Best Answer

It really doesn't feel'll very  fair you can't figure out a way too implement a quick response for iPhone users can't they make other model ionic and versa to have this perhaps through a microphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I just downloaded the new firmware for my ionic and the new update for the fitbit app. In the new firmware update details it says that quick responses will be available for Android phones. I have an Android phone, why am I not able to send the messages.. 

Best Answer

Hi,

My new phone is running android 6.0 and seems quick replies is not support for that version? My old phone is running android 7.0 and it is working fine on that one.... 

So I guess its not supported for android 6.0? 

Check your version of android on your phone.

Regards

Sean M

Best Answer

Love the new quick reply feature!!

I tried to use an emoji to respond to a text message yesterday.  When the recipient received the message, the emoji did not have a sweatband.  On my end, all emojis are wearing a sweatband.  I tried this test with an Android user.  Is there something additional that needs to be downloaded?

Ionic, Android 7.0

Best Answer

I remember this problem from the Pebble days. They ended up having to implement it a sort of crazy way for iOS where it would work only for SMS and you had to register it with your phone provider so it could effectively send the message directly using a web service (https://help.getpebble.com/customer/portal/articles/2166170-text-replies-on-ios?b_id=8308).

Android has different APIs that allow them to tap directly into the quick actions presented on the notification. For instance, when I get a notification from my email app I get a few options, one of which is reply, but also Archive and Delete. 

This isn't a matter of fair, this is a matter of FitBit doing the best they can with the APIs that are available to them.

Best Answer

I understand this, but I am using Android 6.0, which is not working though it should, right. I heard people with 7.0 saying it works. Anyone who has Android 6.0 and quick replies working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Android phone with version 6.0
I also cannot see/use quick replies. 

I am now able to answer and reject calls from my watch after the version 2.71 update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well the watch doesn't have a microphone built in but what about a blue tooth head phone with a microphone I can answer my phone with them  so why not speech to text with them....

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

@Locnlovely Can you confirm you are on Andriod 6 and can use the quick replies?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that is no longer receiving Android updates.  Running Android 6.  Current updated version of Fitbit app and still can't use quick replies.  This is one feature I was really looking forward to getting.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read on another site that "To get started, you’ll need to update your Versa and Ionic to Fitbit OS version 32.32.10.11."  Although I had a firmware update on the day this feature was announced, my firmware version is 27.32.10.15.  Hoping to soon get the firmware update notification.

Best Answer