Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick response messages with Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

also when I go to the fitbit blog community it says my ionic has a feature to send quick responses from messages that feature doesn't come up for me is it  possible too add it and the ability to limit messages received from FB, I have an iPhone 6s plus iOS is 11.... 

Thank you, 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

@Dsolo91563 - Ultimately, the answer unfortunately is no. 

Here is what I have discovered. 

My Fitbit app is currently version 2.72

My Firmware is currently version 27.32.10.15

My Android OS is currently version 6.0

My phone is a LG G4 

One of the text messaging apps I use is named GroupMe. After the app and phone update, when I received a message through GroupMe, I was able to see the quick replies on my watch. I used the quick replies on my watch, but the responses were not transferring to the actual conversation threads in GroupMe.  So....I thought I had the ability, but I guess not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I recently talked to them and they told me that if your phone is not on the list of phones compatible with the quick responses it wont work (i have an android phone).. I had no idea about this list until they told me, they advertise that android phones will work but leave out the fact that only certain android phones... smh

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EZE16  did they tell you where this list is located?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not seeing anything specific to quick replies on these lists.  My phone is on the list. My wife's phone is on the list also (Galaxy S8) and the quick replies work for her.  But, there is nothing about quick replies on the feature list for her phone.  Pretty sure the issue is the Andriod 6 version, but can't find any official statement of this.  Only a couple of posts in message boards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What type of Android phone o you have to have to access this function? I don't have the option on my ionic. When I get a notification and select it, the only option is to clear it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sjm71 wrote:

Hi,

My new phone is running android 6.0 and seems quick replies is not support for that version? My old phone is running android 7.0 and it is working fine on that one.... 

So I guess its not supported for android 6.0? 

Check your version of android on your phone.

Regards

Sean M

I'm running Android 7.0 on my note 5, with an Ionic. Receive calls, and can do quick replies for the missed calls. However, I cant get any of my messages from the app, Message+. Will try traditional messages and see if that changes anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I apologize for the delay in my response and I´ll be happy to clarify your questions about quick response messages.

After investigating and evaluating this feature, our team determined that the Android version that is required to have quick replies is 7.0 (Nougat) or later. Make sure that you have the latest firmware version.

We still don´t have information about having this feature on iOS devices @Kitnpawz704.

What you have mentioned is an expected behavior: on the watch, emoji's for quick replies all have the sweatband by default, but when you send it and the recipient see's it; its just the standard emoji's without the sweatbands @dsobie

For more information, you can check How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch? help article. You can find which apps you can use @GottaRunFast

I´ll be around if you have more questions. Woman Happy

Best Answer

Hi Andrea, so are there any plans to have Quick replies work for the Android 6 versions?  I cannot update my current phone to the latest Android 7 and do not have the capability due to it being a Tracfone.  I'd hate to think the only alternative is to buy a complete new phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the status of getting iOS quick response text ability? This is taking way too long!

If the issue is Apple not giving you an API to use then Fitbit should specifically call that out so us iOS users can complain to Apple about this fact. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's not a simple proposition. Without operating system level support for
this kind of thing, as exists in Android, it's a matter of solving the
problem app by app, use case by use case. I wouldn't expect that this is a
very high priority for Fitbit. I would expect that their strategy is to get
Apple to provide an appropriate extension to their notification API to
enable a consistent solution for all apps.
Best Answer
I agree I wish they would do something faster with all these requests, can't figured why they would omit this feature or three answering a call why can't rubber implement a way visa a Bluetooth head phone with a microphone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am able to do quick reply to text messages but not to email messages on my Sense watch. Is there going to be the facility in a future upgrade to be able to do quick response to email.

Best Answer
0 Votes