Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ionic not syncing correctly and not receiving Notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello @Collins108, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Since when have you experienced this situation? Have you restarted your Ionic already by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? If so, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

My Ionic has stopped syncing correctly. 

It will sync steps and sleep but not the message and phone notifications not to allow the weather app to work. 

I have tried: turning the phone on and off both before and after the latest update

getting my iPhone to forget the ionic via Bluetooth 

Ot is so frustrating!

Cheers

Donna

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Collins108

I moved your post over hear to the Ionic forum so more Inoic users will be able to see our solutions. 

@MarcoGFitbit ,Great advice my friend. 

Also head over to this article and verify your iPhone settings:

Step 1 shows you how. 

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3AFAQs&p=ionic&fs=Search&p...

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

I have had Fitbit for a few years now and like the product.  One issue which they need to resolve is synching.  You can have more then 1 fitbit linked to an account but if they are within range of your phone/wireless laptop they do not sync properly.  I put my charge 2 far away from wireless device when I started using my Ionic full time about a month ago.  Since then i have to start over from scratch every week it seems because the device will sync properly for a couple days then quit synching all together.  Had to do this on Christmas when i discovered that after the last firmware update my music was no longer on my Ionic, as of today my Ionic has not synched since Weds evening around 8 pm....My Charge 2 has been removed from my account to prevent issues of 2 fitbits trying to synch at the same time...This is very annoying. As a service provider in a different industry i know it is the provider's responsibility to maintain reliability in a product, not the consumer's responsibility to waste 3-6 hrs of their life every few days because of an unreliable product.

Best Answer

Hi Marco, IT worked. I have been trying for days to sync, lost almost a week of activities. Why would my ionic do that? Never had that problem with my Charge?  Thanks Roben

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @Collins108, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Since when have you experienced this situation? Have you restarted your Ionic already by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? If so, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So Fitbit app updated the other day and it started synching again, now i don't get notifications.  Reset, etc if i have to constantly reset/remove & reinstall it then there is a major flaw in your software.  If you don't feel this way then I think you should not do anything for 3-4 hours every week, nothing at all and see how you like wasting your time...

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbitIts not just the Ionic. I'm wearing my Surge today and it would not sync on my phone. Came to computer and used Fitbit Connect. First time I got Sync error. Tried and again and it finally synced.

It happens almost on a daily basis on all my devices

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Roben, I appreciate you have joined the conversation and have let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

For the rest of you, I appreciate your insight about this situation, I understand that it's important for the Fitbit trackers to sync properly, which is why I will forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at these issues. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you want to add or if you have any other doubt or concern, please feel free to reply once again. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Searching for answers or next steps, but this topic seems to parallel my problems.

I bought myself an Ionic after Christmas, and set it up with my iPhone 8. All seemed to be working until yesterday when the battery was reported as low and I went through my first recharge cycle.

I noticed afterwards that the Fitbit app still showed "low battery" (the Ionic itself showed full battery) and shows the last sync time as yesterday afternoon despite multiple manual sync commands through the app. It also does show movement today, but never synced sleep data from last night.

So I tried following directions to re-add the Ionic. But I get to the connection step where the Ionic displays a code to enter in the app. There's clearly communication, because each time the app reports a communication problem and a new code prompt, the Ionic vibrates and instantly shows a new code... so it knows "something" happened, but it never connects.

I've restarted my phone and the Ionic multiple times. I checked the Bluetooth settings and manually "forgot" the Ionic. Nothing seems to make a difference. I finally actually removed the Ionic from the Fitbit app before re-adding -- I'm getting the same result.

I'm tempted to look for a way to factory reset the Ionic to try again... but I hate to throw away the data (including last night's sleep) that might be on it. So what's the next step?

Best Answer

I am using the android phone with Oreo.

I have exactly the same issue from yesterday as well.

The phone only sync the steps and sleep not the rest such as weather and watch face, app, etc.

I tried to replace ionic and the 4 digits code shows as well.

However, same, everything stops there.

It seems that this is a cross mobile devices issue.

Best Answer

For what it's worth, I finally gave up yesterday and factory reset my Ionic. I re-paired it with no problem; it's been syncing and recording just fine since. (Aside from a glitch this morning after exercising where I had to restart the watch to sync again; but a simple restart solved it without any data loss.)

Clearly there are problems with the Ionic firmware; and if it happens again perhaps I'll be more patient and give them a call to try to help diagnose what's really wrong that this stuff happens in the first place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DButenhof wrote:

For what it's worth, I finally gave up yesterday and factory reset my Ionic. I re-paired it with no problem; it's been syncing and recording just fine since. (Aside from a glitch this morning after exercising where I had to restart the watch to sync again; but a simple restart solved it without any data loss.)

Clearly there are problems with the Ionic firmware; and if it happens again perhaps I'll be more patient and give them a call to try to help diagnose what's really wrong that this stuff happens in the first place.

I think I have to do this too. I'm currently trying the suggested solution above (remove from Bluetooth and re-add device in fitbit app). the phone properly discovers the ionic and it was also fine connecting to the BT prior to this, but it refuses to sync. now it's stuck in "connecting to tracker" after it "found it" (Bluetooth paired). seems like some bug where BT is connected, but the tracker and phone's app are refusing to talk to one another. For me, this seemed to stop syncing at 11PM PST last night. It had been fine since day 1 launch otherwise.

guess i'll just factory reset =\

(iPhone 7p, ios 11.2 or whatever latest)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been following a few of these threads, and I think it's adding a BT device that's some sort of audio output (this is generalized, not proven, but seems to be a "trend").

I have my Ionic set up with 3 devices (PC, phone, tablet) and it syncs well/consistently, since I got it, a little over a week ago, an occasional hiccup only.

You'll notice if you read some of the "can't sync" threads, they're almost always after someone paired a BT headset, or one person paired an Echo Dot (likely also recognized as a "speaker", for at least one function) and things failed.

I wonder if anyone's tested this, or noticed this behavior exactly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi PeterG-1,

You are super. I follow your finding to unpair both BT audio devices paired to my phone.

Bang. It syncs again.

I would say this is the bug of Ionic and must be corrected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the ionic  and it just doesn't stay synced with my iPhone.   I have done everything that has been listed so far but still I am not getting my notifications.  Almost ready to go back to my charge2

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what it's worth, since I had to reset my Ionic to reconnect after my first few days, sync between my iPhone and Ionic has been smooth as butter and completely trouble free. Did you try resetting to factory default and re-connecting? Ultimately that's the only thing that worked for me, but the fix seems to have stuck.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue! It will sync with my iPhone and then for some reason it doesn’t last. Getting very sick and tired of trying to get it to work. Why does this happen? My basic Fitbit was more reliable. Does anyone have any way of it staying synced? 

Thanks

Best Answer

I am having the same problem    wish there was a solution

Best Answer

Do you know a way to get Ionic back in the bluetooth if you deleted them off your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just restart it. Or go to your phone. Go to app. Click on icon right corner and it will say pair

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes