Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Ionic display not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So today my Ionic that is a replacement for my original unit (replaced in August 2019), also died in a similar way. The unit is still active and will charge and sync, but the screen displays garbage or nothing at all accept a backlight.

Can anyone help me with the best way to get some support from Fitbit under the current circumstances? I really don’t think it’s acceptable that a device as expensive as an Ionic was should only last 18 months on average.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Bigdinner, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Since your Ionic is still syncing, meaning that its battery is charged, I’d recommend our restart process. To do so, please follow the steps that are specified on our help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device? and let me know if the issue persists.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RicardoFitbit 

I’ve tried the reset function on four occasions now (twice before I posted), but all to no avail. I’m no longer getting garbage on the screen or signs of any backlight activity, just a black screen. The device is still sync and recording my data and monitoring my heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply is appreciated @Bigdinner.

Thanks for the details that were shared with me, I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with your Ionic despite trying the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post. Because the issue wasn't solved, the best way to get help for this specific problem is to chat directly with our Customer Support team or give us a call. That said, please click here to get connected and receive further assistance.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes