Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement requested, crickets follow

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have now, tried since November, to get my under warranty, admitted defective Ionic replaced, yet when I was told to contact support, I did, but no one will reply to ANY emails I have sent.

I have had to go back to using a friend's Charge HR, not a 2, not a 3, the old one, which doesn't work as well as the Ionic, even if I wish the Ionic was a bit smaller.  But, since I paid for my Ionic, I should get more than using a used Charge HR!

What can I do to get an actual resolution to this continually being blown off by Fitbit support?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @kookykrazee and @SteveH, how are you guys? Many thanks @SteveH for bringing this to our attention. 

@kookykrazeeI just checked with our Customer Support team and confirmed that you have an open case with them. If you don't find the email you can check in your Spam emails. I advise you to reply them and continue the assistance. Cat Wink

I let them know that you're waiting for a replay. The Customer Service Team, will be contacting you via email very soon. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

I've flagged your post for the attention of a moderator. Hopefully they will be able to get customer support in touch with you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @kookykrazee and @SteveH, how are you guys? Many thanks @SteveH for bringing this to our attention. 

@kookykrazeeI just checked with our Customer Support team and confirmed that you have an open case with them. If you don't find the email you can check in your Spam emails. I advise you to reply them and continue the assistance. Cat Wink

I let them know that you're waiting for a replay. The Customer Service Team, will be contacting you via email very soon. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

Considering, since the last time I posted maybe 6 weeks ago, I have emailed no less than 6 times, no replies, no answers, nothing.  I would say this is a waste and Fitbit should refund me my 100% money. I  have not been the one to delay the replacement of an already proven defective part.  Fitbit has. I should not have to email 10-15 times to get no response, right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @kookykrazee, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that the experience you've had is not what you'd expect. Thanks a lot for your patience with this matter.

I just checked with our Support Team and it seems they're working with you to get a resolution. I know that you've been back and forth with them already but please, just keep an eye on your inbox for any update and hopefully we'll get you back on track soon.

If you need anything else, we're here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I sent a reply back, right after I got their message.  Crickets...

Extremely disappointed, does not begin to describe my frustrations!

Best Answer

For the record, I just got Amazon to give me a complete refund even after 14 months!  They are aware of the issues fitbit is having with the IONIC and plan to take it up with them.

I think we're finally getting somewhere with this in terms of steps in the right direction to get them to take care of the frustrated masses.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, I bought my directly via Fitbit, so my only possible recourse is my bank to process the payment as fraudulent as Fitbit refuses to reply or resolve my issues 😞

Best Answer

I honestly believe your bank might be sympathetic to your claim. Once I directed one of the Amazon supervisors to the Ionic community forum this is what got me the refund I believe...   I seemed to have got through to many different tiers at Amazon so it's looking more and more like the wheels are in motion to bring awareness to what is happening to us.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted my CU and let them know.  I am fairly sure, within 48 hours, they will refund the full amount, then Fitbit can figure out if they are willing to try and keep a customer or they will just give up on a long time customer who has upgraded nearly every single time a newer device has come out!

Best Answer

I wish you the best for sure.  I think at the end of the day what fitbit is doing is hoping most people will just get over it and move on, but if what is see continues with so many failing in or around the warranty they will have to take all of this way more seriously I believe.  I'm not quite sure we're as disposable as they seem to think we are.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, no update from Fitbit, so my bank is working on processing a full refund and will send fees directly to Fitbit for payment due to their time and effort.

Time for a new brand and product.  Any suggestions?  lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what specific needs you have (running, swimming, biking, etc). I've recently been supplementing my Ionic use with a Garmin 645 (non-music) and am very happy with its performance. There are certainly a plethora of options out there (and not just within the Garmin family). I will likely retire my Ionic after almost a year of use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, so someone from Fitbit reached out to me, last month, asked me to wait as I am guessing they got contacted via my bank and I was told they were sending out a replacement.  Then I got an email saying it was delayed.  Can someone check on this as it feels like I am being given a bigger run around and it appears they are not replying to any of my emails.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @kookykrazee, thanks for your participation in the Community.

I am sorry for the delay in respond. Regarding your shipping inquiry, since you already have a case with our support team, I recommend keeping in touch with them, since they have the proper tools to see this information. Please be aware of your inbox for any update.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer