Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rise in resting HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I switched from a charge 2 to an ionic back in March. With this change my resting HR went up from 57/8 average to a 64 average. Is there a reason for this? Is the ionic reading differently? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Erikthebee It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Resting heart rate is the number of times your heart beats per minute when you are still and well rested. This metric can be an important indicator of your fitness level and overall cardiovascular health. The typical resting heart-rate range for adult Fitbit users is 50-90 beats per minute. Active people often have a lower resting heart rate. For more information, see the Fitbit Blog

Fitbit uses your heart-rate data from when you’re both awake and asleep to estimate your resting heart rate. For best results, wear your device to sleep. 

I would like you to try the tips on this article about factors that can affect your heart-rate reading on your Fitbit Ionic. Once you've checked these tips, try it out for a couple of weeks and see if it changes.  

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the link. I read the article but it doesn’t seem relevant to my issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for the message and article. I read the article and it is not relevant to what I have written. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Erikthebee Thanks for getting back.

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes