Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Timeout Duration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How is it that this has not yet been fixed? I cannot find any way to increase the screen timeout and it makes so many parts frustrating. Certain apps should inherently have a longer screentime (stopwatch, setting an alarm, Coach during workouts). An even better advancement would be if it would sense that I'm still holding the screen to my face and clearly still focused on what's shown, so it wouldn't shut off until held in a relaxed position. It should be a user decision to adjust the timeout. Another feature of dimming the screen for a couple of seconds as a warning before turning off would be nice. I feel like sometimes even if I'm actively using the screen it will still shut off. 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@Leighhggns Welcome to the Fitbit family! Those are great ideas! I think it would be a cool addition to our Ionic watches. 

I was making some research on the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find a suggestion asking for the screen to stay always on for Ionic. If the idea doesn't reflect exactly what you are looking for, feel free to post a new idea asking for specifics. That way users can vote for it! Post one idea per suggestion. 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

There is a setting in the exercise modes that allows you to leave the screen always-on during tracked exercise. I find it very helpful.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@WavyDavey I hope you're doing well! That option is awesome! So helpful when doing exercise. I think that was a must with this watch. Now imagine having the same for the stop-watch! I would love to have that! Smiley Very Happy

See you around! 

Best Answer

Hello, 

Have just up-voted here "screen to stay always on" and added this suggestion, see excerpt:

• Always on - add this please. Show dimmed screen (minimal brightness) when it's currently OFF in Auto mode. Show full intensity when activated by hand gesture or button click. Optional improvements: 1) turn off totally if it's just lying somewhere (no movement) for 5+ minutes and turn on when picked up. Would be very live and attractive behavior. 2) Use Ambient light sensor to detect it's under clothes and turn off screen until it's uncovered or until activated by hand gesture.

Please-up-vote and hope it will be implemented

Best Answer

In the new firmware 27.30.5.8 there is an option backlight delay!

you can increase the delay to max 20 seconds!

Best Answer

That's great! 

I'm still on 27.25.16.7 - is there way to manually trigger update? Haven't found how-to in app (android) or community

Best Answer
0 Votes

in the phone app there will be a message: Update available!

So Just look frequent to your phone app Fitbit, when you are connected it will show as soon it's available for your region I think.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen timeout display is too short.   This cheapens the experience of using it.

Best Answer

Hi can anyone tell me where this option is please? 

Best Answer

@Sarah_5200 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting your inquiry on this thread regarding the screen timeout duration.

On your watch, please go to the Settings app. You will find "Screen Awake" option. Tap it to select different duration for the screen to stay on.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

60 seconds is not long enough

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for the reply.  Do you mean on the fitbit phone app? Could you give specific steps as I couldn't find the option on my fitbit or the phone app.  I use Android btw.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No Sarah not on my app. I am saying on my Versa.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Santifitbit

thanks for the reply.  Do you mean on the fitbit phone app? Could you give specific steps as I couldn't find the option on my fitbit or the phone app.  I use Android btw.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sarah_5200 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post your inquiry about the backlight delay.

To find it; go to the settings on your watch (gear icon) and then find "Backlight delay". Tap it to change the duration of it.

@wcd25 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your input here regarding the backlight delay.

I'd recommend voting for the following idea:

The more votes, the better. You could also download clock faces such as Mionic and Nothing Special that include this feature already.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This must be fixed. Change the display to have an adjustable timeout and on and off switch. If this is not done nobody will want this device. It's poor customer service to have ignored this. Please change it now.

Best Answer