Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show active minutes AND zone minutes.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the recent firmware update my phone app now shows zone minutes but (like some other posters) I was fairly keen to continue to see the old active minutes totals.  

I have noticed that the clock face which I prefer to use (101 remix) still shows active minutes but with an upward swipe the today totals are showing zone minutes. 

( for example my half hour treadmill this am showed 31 on the 101 remix clock but on swiping up to today totals there were 47 minutes showing because of the time I had been cardio/peak heart levels)

I know this isn't a full "give us the option to choose" etc etc.....and the app is now all about zone minute figures.  But it is a tiny workaround  which I thought I would share in case others had not realised. 

Regards to all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Fredbumble A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the time you took to share the workaround that you found in order to get Active Zone Minutes and active minutes, I'm sure this information will be useful for others. As you mentioned, after you installed the latest firmware version it will show Active Zone Minutes. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around! 😀

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sylvia I hope you can help me too.

I find these zone minutes on my iPhone very confusing. I end up never understanding how long I have been actively walking.
I really want to know how many REAL minutes. These zones force me to do math...

Luckily, my Fitbit watch (versa2) still states my active minutes. (And no zone minutes which is fine).
My fitbit dashboard on ipad does too. 

But the app on my iphone is different: it gives only the zone minutes and NO active minutes. 
All other info between app and watch is correctly sychronised.

I wouldn’t mind if the app on my iphone would show both active and zone minutes (as I could then get rid of the zone tile). 
But I have been unable to find and retrieve the screen to reinstall the registration of my active minutes. Would appreciate your assistance. 

Thank you! Martje

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreB It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Active Zone Minutes. 

It's pretty weird that the Fitbit Dashboard on your iPad is showing active minutes. If you visit your online Dashboard, it will show active minutes instead of Active Zone minutes, this is because this feature hasn't been updated there. 

However in the Fitbit app, it will show Active Zone minutes. Another reason why the app isn't showing Active Zone Minutes could be, because the Fitbit app hasn't been updated, check the latest version here

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sylvia,

I do not know where to find the number of the latest update on my ipad.

However, if it is an older version, I will absolutely try NOT te get an
update, as this is now my only way to see how I’m doing!

I really miss my active minutes and hate these active zones on my iphone.

It is such a shame that I cannot simply see how long I have been
excercising anymore. To me that is so elementary!

Is there no way around to have my active minutes information back on my
iPhone?

I should hope so because I don’t get these active zones. My daily excercise
is plain walking and the only thing I want to know is the total per day IN
MINUTES.

Please advise about options with Fitbit. How can I switch the active
minutes on (and delete the active zones)?

I really hope these zones are not being forced on me. They are a
dealbreaker!

Kind regards,
Martje
--
M.A.W. van der Brug

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreB Thank you for getting back. 

In order to view the app version on your iPad, visit the Settings app on your iPad. Select general > iPad storage > you'll see the storage stats for each of the installed apps > Tap Fitbit and the app version will appear. 

At the moment, it's not possible to choose between Active Zone Minutes and Active Minutes, however you may want to vote and comment on this idea: Allow us to choose between "Active minutes" or "Active zone minutes" these are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

Thank you for your understanding. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great tip! Wil vote immediately, many thanks. --

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes