Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card inside the watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just want to enquire, is there any fitbit model that has a compartment to put a mini sim card where it works similar as apple watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

No, not at the moment. Perhaps a future model may offer this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If that is the case, may I know how does the gps works on the fitbit ionic model?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ionic (and the Charge 4) have a built-in GPS receiver that works independently from the mobile phone service. It links directly to the GPS satellites and doesn't use the phone network. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So does the gps helps us in sending signals out to emergency contacts by pressing some buttons in case of emergency purposes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I'm afraid not. It can receive signals from the GPS satellites but it can't send signals. For that it would need a SIM card

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even Garmin's that have emergency assistance require a linked smartphone to send a message.  If you rely on the phone for GPS that is referred to as 'connected GPS' whereas the Ionic, Charge 4 and other brands such as Polar/Garmin have GPS receivers built in to locate your position.  The SIM function of the Apple watch is to allow you to make calls without the phone present and is not required for any assistance feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes