Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wont pair!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic was not sync correctly  so I unpaired it and now can not pair it back with my phone! Connects and has me enter the 4 digit pin but then fails. I have restarted the Ionic, phone, turned off, turned on bluetooth at least 50 times with no succes!! Any thoughts, about to go back to my Blaze or try a Samsung Gear

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Maybe try uninstalling Fitbit app, power off phone, power on, reinstall Fitbit app, and try pairing again

Ionic 27.33.1.30; OnePlus 6T McLaren Oxygen OS 9.0.12; Android 9; Fitbit 2.91; Progression Clock Face (Weather
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is doing my head in too. Starting to lose it with Fitbit now. Everything was fine, then suddenly not. Reset phone, app, ionic, no joy. I think it’s an iOS 11 thing, not sure though. And no word from Fitbit. Anyone recommend other fitness trackers that work? 

Best Answer

Exactly the same issue here with OnePlus 5T.

My Ionic won't pair anymore and is basically useless now. More than unhappy with a high-end (well.. high-end in price) "smart" watch/tracker that now can't even tell the right time since it's not synced.

My first and certainly last Fitbit product.

Best Answer

Try turning off Bluetooth on all other devices other than the one you are syncing to.  Please consider voting for my improvement solution concerning Ionic and Bluetooth. Ionic and Bluetooth

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have any other Bluetooth devices paired with my phone and there are no other active Bluetooth devices around.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Brgds Dennzl

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there another device that you could use to sync?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will put my piece in after I had a very successful run since early October and everything was working including over 300 Pay's  I loved my Ionic.  This was on a non compatible phone (I say not tested)

Suddenly, the other night my Ionic stopped syncing the HR and sleep data.. Everything else came across, steps etc.... When I manually logged sleep it was just a blue bar, not even the old version. When I created a manual activity, it only gave calories, no HR graph. and the RHR was no value for the day.  The watch still works and displays the HR and relevant data but gave up on the syncing.

So as part of the "fix" process I followed every suggestion for the Ionic from the Mods... To no avail, and the final test was to un-pair my Ionic..  This fixing included trying to pair the Ionic directly to my phone. Also made sure ALL of my other Bluetooth devices were switch off..Smiley Happy including my hearing aids which the Sony Bluetooth "detected and the TV.

Un-pairing was the worst thing I have done, because it will only cycle through the 4 digit code and keep repeating that process

I then re-paired my One, Surge and Blaze, with the Blaze as the primary, and I'm away again with sleep recorded last night as normal and RHR back.  The multi is working perfectly..AND... they all updated to the latest level of the Firmware

At this stage I have sent my second email to Support... No response to the second email, but the first reply they only asked me to do what I had already done.

So that is my Android testing.....

@DramaQueenDivaI then tried your suggestion... Loaded the App on my Windows 10 PC and got exactly the same outcome... Just cycles through the 4 digit code again and again.

I then synced the One, Surge and Blaze through Windows 10 PC and they all synced perfectly and all have the same step count etc.

So my third email has gone to Support with these findings.. Suggesting I would try my IPad next which is software wise up to date.

The Bluetooth on my Sony phone sends me notifications from the phone when I'm over 40' (13m) away.. and the attempt pair finds the Ionic immediately.

@DramaQueenDiva wrote:

Is there another device that you could use to sync?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

As of my earlier post, I had the same problem being stuck in the 4 digit PIN loop, but got my Ionic working again yesterday.

What I did:

1. Unpaired Ionic in Bluetooth

2. Removed the Ionic in-app from my account

3. Turned Bluetooth off and rebooted my phone

4. Did a factory reset of my Ionic (Ionic settings app->about->factory reset)

5. Turned on Bluetooth on my phone (don't pair the Ionic through that directly)

6. Setup the Ionic again thorough the Fitbit app

It didn't work right away so I had to restart (the 2 button restart) the Ionic again. After that the Fitbit setup worked and it did a firmware update (took very long, so be patient).

Hope it helps... I can confirm that support was no help. Again: certainly my first and last Fitbit product... Wish pebble wouldn't have been bought..

Merry Christmas

Best Answer

@Dennzel Thanks.. Perfect sequencing for me..

That is my last test and I have been putting that off because I'm only missing the Pay feature because the Blaze is maintaining my "real" data.

Too close to Christmas, and I do have an extended warranty on the icon from one of Fitbit's genuine resellers.

@Dennzel wrote:

As of my earlier post, I had the same problem being stuck in the 4 digit PIN loop, but got my Ionic working again yesterday.

What I did:

It didn't work right away so I had to restart (the 2 button restart) the Ionic again. After that the Fitbit setup worked and it did a firmware update (took very long, so be patient).

Hope it helps... I can confirm that support was no help. Again: certainly my first and last Fitbit product... Wish pebble wouldn't have been bought..

Merry Christmas

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally.... Success.....After failing to pair via the Android, Windows 10 and the iPad.... All giving me the 4 digit number then repeatedly failing I decided to try the factory reset..

I did that, and came up with the Red cross the user data not removed.. Nothing to lose, so I tried to add the Ionic and it worked... 25 minutes later I had a working, syncing Ionic and last night's sleep was there.

The only hangover now is when I push the left hand button for a Pay it vibrates and a blank screen.. I will try that later today..Boxing Day here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another good day... I established that the factory reset had cleared the image of the Credit card, hence the blank screen.  The confusing part was that the card information was still there..

I cleared the Wallet and re-added the credit card and all prompts worked perfectly through the process.

Also a good day of recording everything including sleep again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been tearing my hair out with my Ionic which has been refusing to sync with the Fitbit app on my Android phone for the past week. 

Each day I have manually re-paired (unpaired then paired) the Ionic via the phone's Bluetooth settings. This has allowed me to sync the tracker once each day. Subsequent attempts to sync will then fail until the tracker us re-paired again.

Today I noticed that when the tracker isn't paired with phone, it syncs every time. Perhaps it's connected via Bluetooth but isn't visibly "paired" in the phone's Bluetooth settings (not sure if this is possible). Or perhaps it's syncing with my Fitbit account via WiFi and the app on the phone is doing the same...?

Anyway, whatever's happening, it seems to be working again. For now! If I continue to have problems, the Ionic will be returned for a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Had a very similar situation. Mine still won’t pair via Bluetooth - it’s been 5 months now without that feature meaning I can’t get any other ‘stuff’ that would make it a smart watch. Things like texts, app alerts, call alerts etc. I can however sync my fitness data, which is great and to be honest all I really need. Feel like a mug for just accepting this, but FitBit help is hopeless. Mainly because, I suspect, the tech team don’t know how to fix this issue.
Best Answer

Have you tried resetting the Ionic to factory settings as described in my earlier post?

That, with unparing and rebooting my phone beforehand, did the trick for me.

Cheers,

Dennzel

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the most infuriating response. I know you’re only trying to help, but yes, of course. I’ve even had an upgrade to a new phone... there is a clear problem with the ionic and Fitbit app in ios11

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, that's all I got and didn't mean to sound disparaging.. I find it just irritating and sad that no one from Ionic seems to be interested in this thread.

As I said, first and last Fitbit product for me.

Best Answer

Sadly I think it will be the last for me too. Whilst the Apple Watch doesn’t get close from a fitness tracking perspective, there are lots of other brands that do now. My next stop will be a garmin I reckon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This has been driving me nuts, but I followed your instructions and everything seems to be working again 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DennzelThanks for you for the tips pre-Christmas.. I haven't had a problem since, only the odd delay in syncing. I fix this by turning off the phones Bluetooth, and have the Fitbit restart that by clicking on the red circled exclamation and give Fitbit App permission to start Bluetooth....

@Dennzelwrote:

What I did:

Merry Christmas

Best Answer
0 Votes