Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wont pair!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic was not sync correctly  so I unpaired it and now can not pair it back with my phone! Connects and has me enter the 4 digit pin but then fails. I have restarted the Ionic, phone, turned off, turned on bluetooth at least 50 times with no succes!! Any thoughts, about to go back to my Blaze or try a Samsung Gear

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

It is really a shame that they did not get this right. I am returning mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can confirm that a factory reset fixed the the 4 digit pairing loop. This is the second time I have had to do the factory reset since acquiring the Fitibit ionic (just over a month ago). If this was just a faulty device, then this would be ok. But seeing how many comments there are on this thread, this is not an isolated problem. The Bluetooth pairing on these devices are complete garbage. And since this is selling for a premium smart watch price of 300 dollars this is unacceptable. Fitbit you need to work on your Bluetooth connection or be prepared to lose out completely to other smart watch companies that are actually competent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FU! Fitbit ionic. Your an embarrassment.

Best Answer
My wife bought an Ionic to replace her old Garmin. Now there's two of us
with Fitbits which won't sync with our phones. Usually you can get them to
sync eventually by a trial-and-error process of restarting Bluetooth,
re-pairing, rebooting the phone and restarting the watch, but it's bloody
painful. It shouldn't be like this.
Best Answer

Yes totally agree. I started with a hr then blaze now ionic. But they want to bring another watch? How about fixing your entire os. Why is it apple has there crap together? Only reason I like fitbit it's for fitness and health and sleep. Apple is all 3rd party apps. And inconsistent.

But really thinking twice now. Sadly I have a apple watch series 2 brand new never really use. So fitbit if you're trolling this get it together or I'm out. And trust me I'm going to call customer service today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU! The ionic factory reset in the 'about' section was the missing key to the puzzle. I tried the button reset, uninstalled the app, messed with the bluetooth, etc. So glad you saved me a trip to the store as I tried all other options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

👍👍👍 ya but since I've had I had to reset 3 times so hopefully they get it right now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Ionic just quit syncing, pairing, and I am unable to connect my bluetooth headphones.  I have tried removing the App, replacing it and turning off my phone to no avail several times.  I am very frustrated. I have had my Fitbit since January 2018!  I am probably going to return it as I purchased it for running, hiking and biking.  I need something that is reliable.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issues. The only thing that worked was this, suggested earlier in the thread: Did a factory reset of my Ionic from the watch itself (Ionic settings app->(press and hold on the word 'about'->factory reset). Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last Fitbit for me.  Have had Ionic since December.  It updated recently - now I cannot sync or pair.  I am not doing backflips for this product - just not worth it!!!!  I've unpaired - uninstalled/reinstalled.  It shows up on Bluetooth, but will not react to a pair request.  I paid too much for this 'dumb' watch!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya I called last Monday and **ahem**ed and complained and there going to send me another one. If not going to sell it get a Garmin idk. But I vented big time. I said yall should be concentrate on fixing the operating system not push out another watch. I heard the versa runs better and more responsive. But ya I'm on a breaking point to completely walk away from fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a fitbit ionic for mothers day and already having pairing syncing issues. For the price my sons paid for this I will not keep it if this continues to happen. I'll go apple watch and iphone. Crazy that this seems to be an issue and is so frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya it's safe. I've already called customer support and gave a **ahem** chewing. I bought mine in November or early December and it's been a nightmare. Times it works and times I have reset it to factory reset. So I'm probably going to sell it stick with my blaze. Or do more research about the versa. I told fitbit concentrate on the software not making watchs

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree! Ionic offered to replace my Ionic (I bought mine in January 2018)
but they could not reassure me that the new watch would be any different
because they said it is there is a bug in the IOS!

Whatever you do make sure you post online not to buy this Ionic watch! I
agree it cost way too much money for there to be so many issues and Best
Buy would not exchange mine for an Apple product or Garmin because I had
used it!!!!! I feel your pain!

--
Karine
Best Answer
0 Votes
Every day at 8pm my watch nags me to calibrate. Since calibration doesn't
work, I just click "Later". Every single day.

Because the watch has never successfully calibrated, out of curiosity I
measured its accuracy at the weekend. When my trustworthy GPS tracker told
me I had walked 10km, this watch told me I had walked just 8.95km. That's a
massive margin of error which is totally unacceptable considering the cost
of the watch.

After 4 months, Fitbit still say they're "aware" of the calibration
problem. But WHAT ARE THEY DOING ABOUT IT?????
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm. Honestly connecting Fitbit to anything with Bluetooth is a waste of time. I'm seriously considering going with another brand of smart watch once this thing's warranty is up. I went in to my Fitbit app on my Windows computer, and the Ionic icon that was there...just suddenly disappeared. I didn't unpair anything, I didn't tell it to forget my watch. It just disappeared. I just did a factory reset on my watch two days ago, and now it stopped communicating with everything: phone, laptop, headphones. Everything. I'm afraid my recent Fitbit experience is driving me out of the Fitbit game. I'm done with factory resets. I'm done sitting by my computer hoping something will work. I'm done uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm done troubleshooting. I'm done wasting hours and hours trying to get a simple watch to talk to anything. Anyone from Fitbit, please tell me why I should continue with these products. That wasn't rhetorical. I really, really, seriously want to hear a reason why I shouldn't switch to another product. Just one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya trust me. Same here. I sold my ionic and back using my Blaze which is a tank. Probably the best watch they put out. Fitbit doesn't really care. If apple could do what fitbit can I would use apple. I tried the Samsung gear but it was inconsistent. Thinking Garmin?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: now 3 days after a factory reset, and trying to use the GPS causes the watch to reboot. Honestly shoddy programming.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve given up with this watch and can’t be bothered wasting any more time
trying to get it to work or pursuing a solution from Fitbit. I’m very
disappointed and definitely won’t be buying another Fitbit product.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, less than 4 days after doing a factory reset and experiencing so, so, SO many problems with my watch/paperweight, I did another factory reset. The watch just finished, and now I'm at the setup stage. I'm trying to connect it to my laptop via the Fitbit app, but it won't connect at all. Did a reboot on my laptop, turned Bluetooth off and back on. Nothing. Nothing works now. I now have a watch that's more worthless than a paperweight since it's not heavy enough.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a fitness tracker that *isn't* Fitbit? I feel justified using Fitbit's site to get recommendations on which competitor I should give my money to since they owe me at least that much for this really expensive P o S.

I also find it funny how not one Fitbit employee has come on here to defend it after I asked them quite blatantly and in bold lettering why I should continue to use Fitbit products. Guess even they don't believe in the products.

I've heard good things about Samsung and Apple watches. Anyone know how Apple watches interact with Androids and Windows stuff?

Best Answer
0 Votes