Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new fitbit ionic and for the past two days it has tracked my sleep patterns which is a major reason for my choice in fitbit. Last night it did not track my sleep and I don't know why. I also seem to have some bugs and issues that require me to reboot my fitbit. I'm trying not to get frustrated but it is making me nervous. 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, @jamminjessica, the most usual reason for not getting "sleep stages" is if your Fitbit was unable consistently to detct your heartrate.  This can be caused by the position you are holding your wrist, or because it is too loose.  Usually this only happens occasionally, so hopefully your sleep tracking will be back to normal tonight.

Other reasons that sleep tracking does not work is if the battery is very low or if your sleep is shorter than 3 hours.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

hopefully that is the case although I keep it pretty snug to me

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1... Exactly same issue! I've had the ionic for a little less than 2 months and the sleeping readings are very inconsistent, it will work less than 50% of the nights.

The wrist strap is either too tight or too loose, I prefer the looser way cause the tight it's too tight...

Best Answer

yeah same here. I have had mine for about a week now and have tried everything from resetting the device to changing sleep sensitivity. I have also tried various tightness on my wrist. I was advised by fitbit support to have it lose enough you could put a finger between your wrist and ionic. That didn't help. The one night I had consistent sleep tracking was when I had slept with it on so tight it left imprints on my wrist in the morning. My charge 2 was never this problematic and I may just end up returning the ionic. I was hoping the latest firmware would resolve this but it didn't really seem to help

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Was hoping it would be better than the charge hr because it's more comfortable. Will experimement with puting sensor on underside of wrist

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue. Had it for a week and cannot get the detailed sleep pattern, only the basic info. I have tried it a bit tighter, but still doesn't help. It records my pulse perfectly all though the day, so why can't it work at night. Getting very frustrated with it.

Best Answer
I actually ended up returning mine. No matter what I tried I couldn’t get as consistent sleep tracking as before with my charge 2. It was effortless when I was using the charge 2. For whatever reason the ionic would not register deep sleep and if it did I had to have it on really tight overnight, like uncomfortably tight. Fitbit CS also didn’t really provide any help and just suggestions for achieving a better sleep result. None of which helped.

Anthony V.
av78130@gmail.com
Best Answer

Wearing it on the underside of my wrist didn't seem to help. An observation, the tracking seems to drop out after nearly two hours of sleep for something more than an hour then record the rest of my night's sleep. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Mt new Fitbit iconic is not tracking my sleep patterns .

would anyone know how to fix this or has anyone had to take it back to get replaced? 

Best Answer
0 Votes