Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247

@CarolineVB wrote:

I just got the Ionic for my Birthday. I really live the music storage, but disappointed 😥 to find out it's not compatible with Spotify. Any updates regarding when they will partner up. 

Fitbit doesn’t share its plans or timetables. The first you’ll hear is when it happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pandora doesn't work.  Spotify is more popular and would probably intergrate better

Best Answer

Wanted to mention that Mighty Audio recently did a successful kickstarter which utilized the spotify api for a third party device. Just mentioning it since if this was a possibility it would be huge for the fitbit community. In the meantime everyone, this is the site for the devices. Pretty neat. https://bemighty.com/

Fitbit Sense - Pixel 4a
Best Answer
0 Votes

try voting on https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partnership-Add-Spotify-to-Fitbit-Ionic-Apps/idi-p/27463...

It is a Spotify idea board, as many votes it will get, spotify will give more attention to it

Best Answer

@southpawlife wrote:

Wanted to mention that Mighty Audio recently did a successful kickstarter which utilized the spotify api for a third party device. Just mentioning it since if this was a possibility it would be huge for the fitbit community.

@southpawlife I don't think its a possibility. Mighty Audio is an Android device, and uses the Spotify Android SDK which includes APIs for playback (DRM and decryption). The Ionic uses fitbitOS and runs on a processor that is not capable of running Android.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Seems like we need to petition.org, make a petition someone, for spotify to make a fitbit OS app for us 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spotify grew from 50 million to 70 million paying customers in less than a year (March 2017 - Jan 2018), at this time sure looks like Fitbit needs Spotify more than the other way around. And Spotify's Android and iOS development kits and APIs are still in beta, so Spotify needs to finish the mobile APIs before turning over rocks in the wearable market for growth. For these and a few other reasons, I think Fitbit will need to pay to play. Or wait a couple of years for it to become a priority for Spotify.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me and my friends still waiting for spotify for ionic and wont buy it before it supports spotify. Samsung gear is another alternative of course but would rather have this. Cmn fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

pleaseeeee do this! i would definitely buy this watch and convince others to if spotify went onto the app store!

katherine (fitbit blaze owner)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've completed a similar thread for Google Play.

Here's the link to get behind it and support and vote it up: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Google-Play-Music-for-Ionic/idi-p/2487438

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add Spotify for those of us in the UK. 

wrote:

@darkrider We are continuing to explore other music streaming options to further meet the needs of our users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well we are one month into 2018 and there is no sign of Deezer yet so I'd be expecting Spotify sometime around 2025.

As much as I want to love this watch - all the apps are half baked (useless) and for such a costly piece of hardware it can do less than my 3 year old Polar M400 barring optical heart rate.

Ionic - Samsung Galaxy S8
Best Answer

I don't believe we will see Spotify anytime soon. Samsung's got it, but it took them three years with Tizen OS on smartwear devices before Spotify joined in. I guess Fitbit first has to provide a relevant market share before anything happens.

Best Answer

How can fitbit gain a huge market share without Spotify?  The Ionic isn't being purchased because it doesn't have Spotify.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would also really like if Spotify was on fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would be great to link with Spotify here in the US, too.  Pandora does not serve my needs.  I would hate to have to turn to another smartwatch for the music aspect...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spotify grew during that time period because Microsoft discontinued their music streaming service (Groove Music) and pointed everyone to Spotify.  I am one of the converts.  

If people want Spotify on the Ionic they need to contact Spotify and not Fitbit.  I came to this community because I was looking to get an Ionic but will not because I currently have a Spotify streaming account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well,  sent ours back. Maybe try again if they get Spotify.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about now? We are in 2018 and I'm really looking forward using Spotify on my ionic thanks!

@ErickFitbitwrote:

@darkrider We are continuing to explore other music streaming options to further meet the needs of our users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do we have an update on detail yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes