Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Counting error-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that my step count is way out.  I walk 4.5 miles to work and I always do about 9250 steps.  This is what my watch said when I got to work.  I have then been sat at a desk since 9am and my step count has jumped to over 15,000. 

I am engaged in the work week challenge this week with some friends and the step count still seems to be correct on the challenge but on the dashboard everything is completely wrong.  The step count is also wrong on my actual watch. 

I have tried turning the watch off and on again and this doesn't work.

I can see from the community forum that there are many complaints regarding this and I am wondering whether this is an error with a recent update.  I am still in my warranty period and if this is not correct would consider requesting a refund. I've had my Ionic for a few months now and don't think I've had this problem before.

I have always had the surge before and never had any problems with the tracking on that device. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@RuthyCairns Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic counting steps on its own.

Is this happening all the time? I'd recommend performing a restart on your watch to see if that would make a change.

Also, do you have any other Fitbit devices paired to your account? If you do, please unpair them and check if the same persists. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi,

It happened to me during my exercise period. And i have restart and reset the fitbit but unfortunately the watch wont turn on now 😞 eventho i have tried to push all three buttons.

However, I have an exercise today using the Fitbit apps in my phone to track my exercise, turns out the step count got wrong again.

I was recently sync ing the starva to fitbit before this error happens 😞

Really need your help for both my problem

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had Fitbit Charge 2, 3, 4 and now 5. I've been living with these data errors with each device at least 3 or 4 times per month. It's usually the first data point after getting out of bed. I wish Fitbit would allow me to edit these data errors.

Here's today's example.

Screenshot_20220605-180401_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes