Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step counting doesn't reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic step counter does not reset to zero at the start of each day. It was working fine earlier but since two days i noticed that. Any idea how to fix it? I updated the software today but still.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@Omran_Oman wrote:

My ionic step counter does not reset to zero at the start of each day. It was working fine earlier but since two days i noticed that. Any idea how to fix it? I updated the software today but still.

Try a Restart and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Omran_Oman! It's pretty weird that your Ionic isn't resetting your steps daily. 

Just as @SunsetRunner mentioned, please restart it to avoid this from happening in the future. If this happens again let me know. 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, thanks for the advise. I tried restarting my ionic and the issue reolved for quite some time but again since two days the steps counting does not reset to zero by the start of the day. I updated the software after having this issue again but still. Is there anything else I should do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Omran_Oman! In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter as this shouldn't be happening. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

I have this same issue. I’ve reset it about 4 times now

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had this issue for the pass 2 months. Usually a factory reset on the watch will fix it momentarily. But once again this morning I did a factory reset and as it put it right back up it still show the over step count and Did not reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

After getting guidance from fitbit support team, I found that the over-stepping was due to vibration from my room's AC since I am staying in portable cabin at work. Keep your ionic away from vibration or strong air blowing.

Best Answer
This makes perfect sense since I have it right next to a fan when I go to
bed at night. Will test it out tonight. Thank you for Reaching out I
totally appreciate it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @JanieK! Thanks for following the advice provided by @Omran_Oman. I'm glad to hear that it started working as normal, right after you weren't on your room and the AC that caused this. 

Did it stopped showing extra steps @JanieK

Catch you later! Robot Happy

Best Answer