Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Recording extra steps while charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

@ErickFitbit

@MatthewFitbit

@CarlosCFitbit

@MariamV

The BUG where the Ionic posts steps while charging has not been fixed.  I charged my Ionic this morning while sitting on my computer desk.  SCREEN CAPTURES AT BOTTOM OF POST  When I went to check on the progress of the charge I found that the watch had walked 9000 steps.  This has been a nearly constant problem for me since I bought this watch.  Every time except one that I have charged the watch it has picked up 4000 to 15000 steps. 

I spoke to support at FITBIT and we went through the process of rebooting and calibrating my Ionic.  I was told it was an error was in the software that they were working on and would be fixed in the next app update.  I charged my Ionic again soon after with no extra steps, now the bug is back which tells me the problem is most likely in the hardware.

Does anyone at Fitbit have a clue when this will be fixed, or if it will be fixed?  I paid way to much for this device for it to function this way.

The screen caps below show the extra steps recorded in the log, however when you look at the hourly steps they aren't there.  It is worth noting that only the Android APP allows you to see this, when looking on the dashboard from my PC I cannot see the correct steps in the second image below.

Taking this thing back to Best Buy to exchange it for a second and final time.  If this doesn't get fixed soon I will just be returning it and walking away...

Screenshot_20171022-100749.pngScreenshot_20171022-100800.png

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

This is a pretty big bug in my opinion.  Any Fitbit people out there care to address it here?

Best Answer

Called Fitbit again about my open ticket and now I am being told that the steps while charging is a hardware or Firmware issue.  Fitbit wanted me to ship the watch back for them to replace, but Im going to do an exchange with BestBuy because of the stories I have read on the forums about the long wait times to get a watch back.  Given the number of posts I have read here about bad hardware Im beginning to think my best option might be to just get a refund and wait for the IONIC to actually be ready for commercial release...

Best Answer

I got my Ionic April 2018 and it does this also. I'll plug it into my pc and a few hours later I get an email saying I earned a hiking boots badge for taking 40k steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn't care if I could just go into the app data and delete it, but can't figure out how to edit it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Just recorded 11,000 steps while it charged and I slept. 

Best Answer
0 Votes