Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit stopped syncing yesterday after the latest update. Contacted support who put me on to the technical team. They asked me to do a 3 button reboot which I did and now the Fitbit icon is just flashing on and off at me....is this right? I’ve tried contacting the technical team but obviously they are not UK based so won’t hear from them until tonight probably 😫😫😫

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

Hook your Ionic up to its charging cable and repeat the procedure @alrightpoppets

Better now?

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Mine  is exactly the same ,it's just stuck in a bootloops with the Fitbit logo going on and off.When this started I could get it connect by leaving ionic switch off for about 3 hour ,then plug charger in ,it boots up and you get red X failed to sync and you can try to add it as new device to the app,every time I tried this the update failed .Now mine won't even do that ,day 5 if not being able to use it ,in constant bootloops no matter what fit bit suggest trying ,I have a case number but contact is via email and it takes them a day to replay .

I'm bloody fuming over this ,I wear mine 24/7 and track everything on it . Definitely the last Fitbit product I buy and I have had a few as has the wife .For a software update to effectively turn it in to a paperweight is a joke ,not expecting any contact now until after the weekend 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer

Mine started out with a black screen, then stopped syncing. When I tried the 3 button reboot, it also got stuck in the boot loop. I was on with Fitbit on Twitter yesterday before they assigned a support number. I had already tried (many times) everything they asked me to do. Still waiting for support to answer my email but I don't think they will before the beginning of the week. I can't turn it off so I just put it in the box waiting for the battery to exhaust itself. Dug out my old Charge HR and charged it up so at least I have something until this gets resolved. Up until then, though, I had absolutely no problems with my Ionic. I guess that's what makes it so disappointing for me.

Best Answer

Try just two button.

Left & Lower right and see if the loop ends.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Best Answer

Unfortunately, it doesn't. I had tried that a few times; there is just no way to break the loop.

Best Answer

There is, I've done it before. Try two button while attached to the charge cable (may have to rock the magnetic connector a bit to ensure solid contact)

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

I've already tried that many times too. It just won't break the loop mine is in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No sadly not. It’s still flashing away plugged into the power cable. A bit disappointed that Fitbit haven’t got back to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pointy101 Exactly the same here! Wish I hadn’t done the update. It was perfect before, no probs with it whatsoever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK. hmmm

Try turning bluetooth off on your mobile temporarily, connect your tracker to charge, hold two buttons until the cycle ends, then turn bluetooth back on on your mobile...

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

No joy. Mine's still blinking with no way to turn it off until the battery is empty. Still waiting to hear from Fitbit about a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I finally got an email from support offering "to provide you a different steps in order to exhaust all the troubleshooting steps applicable, we're going to perform a factory reset to your Fitbit"...which I have already done at least a dozen times (and which the person was told).

They gave me a 1-5 list order of how I should perform the factory reset. I do love number 5 though: When the watch successfully resets, advise the customer to use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware.

If by any chance this process does not work, please provide us with a video tapping the screen, and swiping the screen.

Somehow I guess I didn't get the memo where I am supposed to tap and swipe the screen with a failed factory reset. Nevertheless, they have gotten the video and I uploaded a higher version of it on Youtube so they can hear the Ionic buzz before the reset is supposed to start. Will be interesting to see what the next steps are.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So update on my ionic bricked by the last software update ,did a couple of videos for them to see and ,today I got email saying it is being replaced ,so order placed and should be here in 5 days ,no request to send send faulty one back either which I'm surprised at 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to hear! I'm hoping to hear back from them soon and hoping to have the same result. Interesting that they didn't ask for the old one to be sent back first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact issue that I complained about here last week, I think Fitbit knows that an update quirk or something has bricked a bunch of Ionic devices because I just got my replacement to now set up, without instructions to return my previous device which went through the brick and bootloop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After jumping through their hoops and sending video, I have heard nothing from support in three days. Just sent them a mail asking when they are going to replace my Ionic. Now I am seriously looking at jumping ship if they don't make things right.

Edited to add: Just received an out-of-the-box reply that had nothing to do with the problem (it was about not being able to sync). They obviously hadn't even read my response or looked at the video.  I guess they just wanted to put me off....now I'm steaming...

Best Answer

Just got my replacement here in the UK .Not impressed with the package,ionic in a plastic bag rattling round in a cardboard box with no protection inside !!!

Also the one that's arrive is bright sliver not the silver /blue as ordered ,I can live with that as it goes better with some of the straps I have .

Setting up now and connection to WiFi and blueBluet was a breeze ,unlike.my old one which was a pain to connect anytime a update come down.No request to send the old one back which tells me they know exactly why some ionics have been bricked by the last update .Anyway setting this one up now so see how it goes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pointy101 Thanks for sharing this update, I'm glad to hear that you got a replacement! 

@slhaunz @Cal_2010 I noticed that you have an open case with the Support Team, let me know the outcome. 

@slbert I was unable to find a Support Case so I escalated your inquiry with all the details that you've provided here. Please keep an eye on your email inbox you should be receiving an email soon. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

So mine set up and updated with no issues,it now syncs with in about 15 secs ,still not a quick as my Fitbit surge ,but a lot faster than my old ionic which took for ever to sync.Havent yet transferred my music back onto it,I'll do that when I have few hours spare !!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes