Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit stopped syncing yesterday after the latest update. Contacted support who put me on to the technical team. They asked me to do a 3 button reboot which I did and now the Fitbit icon is just flashing on and off at me....is this right? I’ve tried contacting the technical team but obviously they are not UK based so won’t hear from them until tonight probably 😫😫😫

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

slbert and slhaunz are the same person. After support suggesting that my Charge HR was interfering with the Ionic sync, I removed it and created a new account. The case (under slhaunz) is still open with no answer from support. I was on with support on Twitter and did all the tests that they asked me to do (several times). They then assigned me a case number and told me to watch my email. The person that sent me the email (Kiev E.) wanted to try something "different", which was the same as what I had already done. Nevertheless, I did it anyway and provided video proof that the Ionic is stuck on the boot loop no matter what I do. I waited three days for a reply, then finally sent another mail. Nancy S. answered and proceeded with instructions on how to sync my Ionic...NOT the problem I've been having. She claimed the delay is that they are reviewing my case for next steps. But, obviously, she had not even read my mail before she answered. So, what I thought would be already taken care of, has cost me time during my vacation, which I am not happy about. This is my third Fitbit and I have to say that I am really upset with the way this has been handled. After the last update, I had several black screens, then suddenly sync issues (although my tablet and phone are on the supported list). Finally, I was told to try a 3 button reset which has resulted in the boot loop which cannot be recovered from. So, basically, after over a week of back and forth with support, I am no further along. I am totally disappointed and disillusioned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They tried the same with me try this and that to sync ,you need to more forceful,once in the bootloop it is impossible to recover the device ,and as such it will never sync as no device will see it to connect to it .Believe me I tried with iPads,iPhones,android phones .Once I provided videos of the bootloop,and the 3 button hard reset not working to clear the bootloop ,I got it replaced PDQ

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer

They have been just the opposite with me. It's been days since I submitted the video proof and all I get is the "We are reviewing your case and thanks for your understanding" answer from them. I've jumped through their loops - and then some - but they aren't doing anything. Such a disappointment with the way they treat some of their customers.

Best Answer

Hi there @slbert! Thanks for the update, I've sent you a private message check out your inbox! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for the message!

@MaginBAnother update...I just received a reply with the offer to replace the Ionic. Thank you so much for all that you've done to make this possible!

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

That is awesome @slbert

Thanks for sharing this update I'm very happy for you! Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tipsrecipes and more! Give it a look!

See you around! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

My replacement Ionic arrived on Thursday - perfect timing since we arrived home on Friday. Had no issues with the software update, adding music, etc. Works flawlessly.

Thanks again @MaginB!

slhaunz/slbert

Best Answer
0 Votes

@slhaunz Thant sounds awesome! I'm glad to hear that you're back on track! 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tipsrecipes and more! Give it a look!

See you around! 

Best Answer