Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync/Set up fail

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having got a new phone (Honor 9 lite) my Ionic synced ok for about a day or so.

First it stopped syncing, I solved that initially (having tried pretty much everything I could find on these boards first) by de-linking the Ionic from the phone app, and re-linking. That was at lunch time today. It hasn't synced since. Having tried another re-linking, the Ionic will now not link up with my phone/account.

I've reset the watch, turned bluetooth on and off, re-loaded the app etc.

I've used a temporary fix of re-linking the Ionic to my old Sony phone, but that's not a viable option ongoing.

When I start linking the Ionic with the Honor 9 lite, it initially shows "Found it", but then fails to connect properly and no pin entry is produced by the watch to complete the sync.

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@stephen4944 you say it worked, so inspite of the not being on the list, let's assume it will at least sync, you say it did. 

You say that you removed the ionic from your Fitbit account, this is the worst step a user can do, and only recommended by those that don't know better. 

The reason that your unable to setup the tracker is because the non sync issue has not been fix, let's fix the none sync issue and you will be able to setup the tracker. 

If a user wants to set the tracker up again, they would want to use the setup with the replace option. 

Have you removed the ionic from the phone? This is done through the phones bluetooth. 

Restart the ionic. 

Make sure that the Fitbit app is up to date

Clear the fitbit apps cache. 

Restart the phone and the ionic .

Also check the troubleshooting steps

Lets retry the setup. doing it through the fitbit app

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Im sorry you are having problems with your Honor 9 lite, but unfortunately it is not going to get any better.  The bluetooth system that the honor lite phone use is basically not compatible with Fitbits and you probably wont be able to make it work.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

99% phone are not comparable... you will find a small list of phone that is comparable with ionic at fitbit webpage.... which sales person is also not aware

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the list  Supported Devices List

There are many phones on the list and many more not on the list still work well. Unfortunately Honor phones generally dont.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@stephen4944 you say it worked, so inspite of the not being on the list, let's assume it will at least sync, you say it did. 

You say that you removed the ionic from your Fitbit account, this is the worst step a user can do, and only recommended by those that don't know better. 

The reason that your unable to setup the tracker is because the non sync issue has not been fix, let's fix the none sync issue and you will be able to setup the tracker. 

If a user wants to set the tracker up again, they would want to use the setup with the replace option. 

Have you removed the ionic from the phone? This is done through the phones bluetooth. 

Restart the ionic. 

Make sure that the Fitbit app is up to date

Clear the fitbit apps cache. 

Restart the phone and the ionic .

Also check the troubleshooting steps

Lets retry the setup. doing it through the fitbit app

Best Answer

Thanks for that.

I believe I'd done all of it before other than clearing the cache.

Whatever it was, it has at least allowed me to re-link my Ionic with the Honor 9 lite, and it is currently still syncing regularly.

Fingers crossed it carries on.

Best Answer
0 Votes