Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava app issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

strava app shows wrong month and dates for recorded activities... did a ride today 21.Dec 5pm yet on the ionic strava app the date shows up as Jan.10 12.46 a.m??? in ph. fitbit app shows correct month,date and time. same with ph strava app... yet on the ionic the map etc is correct but dates and times and month are wrong.? Why? and can i change it ti the correct times etc.? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@T.J The Strava app is a bit of a oddity at the moment, in that it doesn’t really do very much, other than pull data from your Strava account to display on your Ionic. You can’t record anything from it (yet, hopefully) and no manipulation of data is possible. It doesn’t even show all your data and some activities are omitted. (I don’t bother with it, as the app on my phone is far better.)

I’d imagine there’s been a sync issue somewhere along the way, especially noting the convoluted route the data has to go, with there being no direct connection for the Ionic and Strava app. If it had been a couple of hours I might’ve suggested location disparity but you’ve minutes out as well, so can’t offer any other advice, sorry. 

Best Answer

I have similar issues with the Strava app on my ionic, but the issue only occurs for the runs I logged with the ionic. The previous activities I had on my Strava account did sync with correct dates.

For today 22 December 2017 for a run 9h32 in the Strava mobile app it gives me:

"Fri, Jan -8, 12:-36 AM"

So pretty weird getting negative date and time value...

Hope they fix it soon!

Best Answer

@Svh83 That's the exact date, month and time i got today when i did a hike at 9.30a.m. Same as you all my previous activity is correct too. This date thing is a bit  weird thats for sure. I hope it gets all worked out soon.

Best Answer

I’d start with Fitbit support, because Fitbit servers push activities to Strava. 

That said, I did a Zwift workout yesterday and unusually it did not sync to Strava (but synced fine to TrainingPeaks and Garmin Connect). I have over 800 bike rides on Strava and all except one auto-synced (due to an error in the original ride file). In other words, Strava servers have been very reliable. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

I have an ongoing sync issue at the moment so I've not been sync'ing my runs for the last couple of weeks but in an attempt to fix that I reinstalled the phone app yesterday and noticed the same date issue for my latest run after a successful sync:

Strava Dashboard shows:

12:35 on Wednesday, 20 December 2017

Fitbit Ionic shows:

Wed, Jan -10, 12:-24am

However, my run from Tuesday is fine!

captain_caveman2k | UK
Ionic (Retired: Charge HR, Returned: Microsoft Band II)
Alienware 15 R2 (Windows 10), Lumia 950 (Windows 10 Mobile), Xbox One S
Best Answer

Try restarting Ionic?!

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing on my Ionic. The runs in earlier December had all the correct info, but beginning on Dec. 21 they are wrong. Dec. 21 run listed as Thursday Jan 9 and the Dec 22 run is listed as Friday Jan. 8.  Strange since the Strava app and ionic are all dated correctly.

Best Answer

@Rhonda64

Yes, same issue here...

Ionic (27.31.1.16), Android 7.1.1 on Sony Z5 Compact, Fitbit Flyer
Best Answer

@bbarrera 

@bbarrera wrote:

Try restarting Ionic?!

yes i have tried that soft and hard reset ,also tried removing from app and re doing it all over again. It didnt work for me. 😞

Best Answer

@cc2k Thats what is showing for me too , went for a run earlier today but no change for me. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled app. no success 😞 

Best Answer

Restarting the Ionic made no difference here either 😞

captain_caveman2k | UK
Best Answer

Same issue for me.  Runs recorded using Ionic have strange dates in Strava app on Ionic.  For example, a run recorded today, 12/26/17 is shown as Jan -4.  The day is a negative number.  The time is also incorrect.  All runs showing up correctly in Fitbit and Strava apps on phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem since the 21st of December:

IMG_20171227_140416.pngIMG_20171222_085315.pngIMG_20171222_085324.png

The correct date-time values are visible in my Fitbit app and my Strava dashboard, so for me it is obvious that there is something going wrong with the Strava app on the Ionic.

FYI, the correct dates are:

12-21-2017 18:38

12-24-2017 14:58

12-27-2017 12:09

Best Answer
0 Votes

You could always try removing links, deleting the app, then reinstalling and reauthorising. That way you would hopefully get a clean download of data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got back from a run about a couple of hours ago and whilst I was able to perform an initial sync and upload the data to the Strava servers, I seem to have some issues on subsequent sync operations. As such my run didn't download back to the Stava app on the Ionic.

During that time the Fitbit app on my phone stated "Looking for tracker" and the Strava app on the Ionic showed a message along the lines of "No activity to download".

After some persistence, my Ionic sync'ed and the good news is...

The Strava app shows data again.

The bad news is...

The dates of my runs on the 20th and 24th are still wrong.

Strangely enough, the date of today's run is:

Sun Jan 01 12:-48am

When it should be:

Sun Dec 31 12:11pm

It will be interesting to see if the dates start to correct themselves tomorrow 😉

captain_caveman2k | UK
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to report a bug in the Strava app on Ionic. A run I did on December 24th at 3:36pm is showing in the app as having taken place on the -6th January at 12:-23am (negative date and time?). See photo below.

Strava BugStrava Bug

Best Answer

I have no idea, but could it be that you were running so fast you traveled back in time? 😊

Haven't seen this issue yet. Someone will be by with a better answer.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha! I wish that was the case!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is syncing fine with Strava, but the Strava app on the Ionic is showing the last 10 runs of 2017, and not those from this year. 

I'm not sure if it's a syncing problem from the last couple of weeks or whether it's a bug and it thinks January runs are older than December runs so are not showing them? 

Anyone having the same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes