Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava doesn't sync with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, Ive had the fitbit ionic for a few days and been trying to get it to work as expected.

So far I can track my workouts and these are fed to the strava app on my iphone but, and this is the issue, the strava app on my ionic does not display any data and simply says " NO RECENT ACTIVITY" 

ive had a webchat with fitbit who say this is a known issue, but they cant give me any timeframe for having it resolved. 

SO my question is.... has anyone actually got the map and data displayed on the Ionic strava app? 

If so, please let me know how is it? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

It's great to see you around @JamesUKrunner. Thanks for letting the forums know that you've contacted our Support team. 

As mentioned by them, we’re aware of it and working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. we're sorry for any trouble and we appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Hope another user can jump in and share its experience with Ionic and Strava. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this issue? 

What is the timeframe for having it working? 

Is it Hours, Days, Weeks, Months? 

When was this problem first noticed and reported and when was the last time it was working? 

Nobody has said they have had it working

Some more info would be good rather than glad handing please. 

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped syncing around May 4th. Good to hear that it's being worked on. So far now I'm uploading by sending a downloaded file from Fitbit to strava. I think it's called a tcx file.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having trouble may 3rd; I also get on my laptop and download to tcx file and then upload to Strava. Glad to hear I’m not the only one having issues. Hope it’s resolved soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for participating in the forums @JamesUKrunner. I would like you to check the main thread here and follow the tips mentioned by another Moderator. 

Great to see you around @TerriF1970 and @Trichrun. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. I also appreciate the workaround that you've tried. If your accounts aren't syncing, please try the procedure mentioned in this article by Strava. 

If you're having trouble connecting Ionic and Strava, you can check the main thread and follow the tips mentioned by one of our Moderators. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So last night I tried more time of revoking access,deleting strava from my ionic and then started over.. I had did this before. So far I had a walk from 3 days ago sync. I'll  see how it goes this morning after my run. 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this issue being fixed? 

Could a timeframe now be put on this to be resolved and at which point then if it isn't then Fitbit could offer a full refund on the ionic as it is effectively mis-sold? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started working again about  May 8th. I had tried doing all the suggestions from the app but what seemed to work was doing it from the fitbit.com and strava.com side of things. It could have been a coincidence but I haven't had any problems since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

doesn't work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would contact Fitbit direct then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what this forum is for!! its a known issue, apparently Fitbit is working hard to resolve it. 

Any update on this fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn’t crossed over to the actual Strava app on my watch for a while. Personally I never really look at it on my watch but it isn’t working correctly. 

Best Answer

I rarely look at the runs on my watch either. Ive no problems with syncing now for over a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

not holding my breath......

Any update fitbit ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes