Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming and bathing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can ionic be used while swimming or bathing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes. It is water resistant, so you shouldn't have problems for swimming nor bathing with it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Yes. It is water resistant, so you shouldn't have problems for swimming nor bathing with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes,  but if swimming in salt water then make sure you rinse the watch off thoroughly after to avoid corrosion. 

Also it is only rated for 50 meters so if like me you like to swim 800m you need to get out after each 50m dry off for 15 mins then swim the next 50m stretch and repeat until you reach you desired swim distance, Also if you wear while bathing make sure you wash behind its ears. 🙂

Best Answer
Thanks. This is very helpful

Gaurav

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

In theory, yes you could wear it in the shower.  However, I would not try this and I would not want to risk soap or shampoo somehow getting into the watch.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Yes,  but if swimming in salt water then make sure you rinse the watch off thoroughly after to avoid corrosion. 

Also it is only rated for 50 meters so if like me you like to swim 800m you need to get out after each 50m dry off for 15 mins then swim the next 50m stretch and repeat until you reach you desired swim distance, Also if you wear while bathing make sure you wash behind its ears. 🙂

what are you talking about it being rated 50 meters? You Kiwi's are a funny bunch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

what are you talking about it being rated 50 meters? You Kiwi's are a funny bunch!

Really? And here I was thinking it was just me 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

ROTFL! I love it—get out & dry off every 50 m! Should we just let some folks believe that’s what “rated for 50 m” means? ;-}

(ok, just maybe it refers to how deep you can take your Ionic, not how far you swim with it on the surface!) OMG but what if I’ve been wrong all this time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm. Do you think shampoo is worse than sea water or chlorinated pool water? Surely Fitbit has tested these things?

Best Answer
0 Votes