Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing after hiking with no internet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After hiking the first day of a multi day back country trip (no cell phone coverage) and using my ionic in hiking mode, I tried to sync with my iPhone. It started well, but then hung up. It seemed it was hung up trying to get a map to superimpose on the gps generated track. After this it would not sync any data paces, sleep etc.  Every time i tried it seemed to revert to trying to get the mapping data. 9 days later , having finished the hike and back in cellphone range  I still have no map for that first day but it seems to be syncing again but I have no data for while time I was in the back country. VERY ANNOYING!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Mikejga and welcome!  Sorry to hear you are having some connection problems, but things seem to back on track now.  Let me know if I can assist further.  Thanks and Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, but It would be nice to hear from Fitbit that they recognize the problem and have fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually situation not quite as bad as I thought, on getting home and finally syncing with an internet connection, it appears that the Fitbit had saved and incredible amount of info over the ten days I was away. But the fact remains, that I was not able to access any data once I had used the hike mode and had tried to sync without having an internet connection, making the watch pretty useless for anything other than telling the time when in the back country.

Best Answer
0 Votes