Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you and goodbye.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using Fitbit products for the past 3 years. Before purchasing my first Fitbit (Surge) I’ve used Microsoft Band/Band2.

When Fitbit announced the Ionic I was very pleased and excited. The design and features of the smartwatch really appealed to me. I purchased the watch a month after the release date.

It was clear the Ionic was more a fitness watch and less so a smartwatch. The ‘App Store’ was a joke – full of amateur bit.coin trackers and calendars apps none of which seem to work. Fitbit Pay was only supported by two banks here in the UK (none of which I’ve heard of). Finally, only a handful of clock faces. Sure, since I purchased my Ionic, Fitbit have released several updates and have improved some of my concerns.

The positives: -

1. 4-5 days battery. This was a good selling point for me.
  2. Bright touchscreen face - Something which has prevented me in purchasing a Garmin.
  3. Good mobile app (iOS).
  4. Built in GPS – no issues

The negatives.

1. Lack of acknowledgement from Fitbit about ongoing issues – such as Sync problems etc
  2. Lack of communication from Fitbit to support the userbase. Each update is hit and miss if it will install.
  3. Music sync – slow and very temperamental.
  4. Unable to add notes to workouts (something my Microsoft Band was able to do).
  5. Lack of useful Apps on the app store.
  6. The Ionic randomly not saving workouts.
  7. Where is the SPO2?? Its coming up to a year since the Ionic was released and still we don’t have any news when this will be enabled.

So…. I’ve finally decided to sell my Fitbit Ionic. I’ve now purchased an Apple Watch Smiley Happy. I wish I’d done it sooner. It's unlikely I will purchase another Fitbit product again. Fitbit seem to be a company of overpromising and under achieving. 

Bye Bye (ex-Fitbit user and a happy Apple Watch user !)

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Sorry to see you go, but I do agree with you on the App Gallery.  I've had my Ionic since October and I haven't installed a lot of the apps, simply because I've never heard of some of them and don't know if I can trust them or not.  But the good news is there seems to be more mainstream apps (like Yelp and E*Trade) on the Ionic than there used to be.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer