Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone setting taking long to update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have my ionic set up with my iPhone and I travel a lot. I am always having issues with the clock syncing to a new time zone. I have auto sync in and even when I manually sync when arriving in a new Timezone the clock can take hours to sort itself out. It is seriously frustrating, I’m about to go back to my analogue watch. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @burner1, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your Ionic before posting, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Because you're probably using the automatic time zone setting on your iPhone, keep in mind that Fitbit devices use your mobile device information to display the time with the syncing process, therefore, the time should be correct after syncing your device when the time zone of your iOS mobile device is updated to the new one.

Also, this may be fixed by updating the time zone setting in your Personal Settings once you're in a different time zone. For step-by-step instructions, please see our help article: How do I change the time on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted and let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I had tried to sync numerous times in the new time zone, not sure if it was a glitch in the system but after turning my phone on off a couple of times and doing a shut down on the Fitbit for the third time when I synced it the clock finally updated.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes