Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic after topic on this. Why can't fitbit fix step counting while driving?!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've read topic on top of topic on this.  I'm not blaming fitbit for this, as it seems to just be a common problem across all platforms.   A problem with the technology itself.  

So why can't they just integrate a drive mode?! Is it really that hard? I can pick any mode from swimming to hiking... but not driving?! To fix a well know problem that can seriously effect the devices ability to accurately track your fitness!!

I've just installed Drivebit, so hopefully this works better than logging every time I drive.  I'm a truck driver, I'm in and out of the truck, I'd like it to log me and my steps during my day to better understand the steps/calories I burn through the day.

For such a serious issue to not have a fix right on a $400 device is aggravating.  Not to mention it also logs the driving edit as an activity. .. so much for my activity goals... skipped the gym... who cares you win by driving! 

Simple fix. .. just add a drive mode on the device! ! PLEASE!

Rant over! Please share you stories so that fitbit may finally put a fix to this massive issue.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Have you added your vote to the request

However I'm not sure what is being asked. 

The subject and the first paragraph is about technology. actually about the way the tracker bounces around while driving down the road. 

Of course this could be added, maybe even auto detected. But asking the community of Fitbit users might not get the answer, since the users are not the developers. -

With my last 5 cars i have never had this problem .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd say than you're probably not watching.   This is my first fitness tracker, and I'd say I'm impressed.   It does what I want it to do.

I drive 10 minutes to work in my personal vehicle.   It adds from 50 to 200 steps... I can live with that.  Its not seriously impact my calorie count.  

But when I'm driving my tractor trailer. Its adding at minimum 1000 steps per hour.  I drive quite a bit.  You're talking 8000-10000 steps a day that I haven't taken.

I've done the research.  Its well documented on pretty much every forum, for every product, of every brand of tracker.  Seems they can solve it.with a simple driving mode. 

I don't know how to get them to fix it.  I'm not a forum guy.  But for something this well documented to just be ignored is just dumb.  I'm glad there is a "fix" otherwise I would have just bought  a $400 paperweight.   Extremely frustrated.   And seems like an extremely easy fix.   

Best Answer
0 Votes