Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Basketball and Windsurfing with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone!

is it possible to get statistics (gps, speed, HR etc) durring basketball, windsurfing, bike etc...?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

You can get gps for bike, but not the other activities. The windsurfing would have to be tracked as a 'workout' I think and then the name of the activity changed afterwards (no gps). Basketball might get tracked as sports by smart track (no gps, but all the other info). If smart track doesnt recognise it again you could use workout if there isnt a basketball activity listed.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

NellyG, thank you for replay.

Bike for other ativites I think will be great and also for windsurfing))

I've found that some of the exercises could be added in WEB dashboard (not in the Android app) e.g. Martial Arts, tennis etc. Hope Basketball will be added soon )

BR

Best Answer
0 Votes

Id think basketball is a pretty popular sport so is likely to be added at some stage (a guess only lol). I think gps would be great for windsurfing too. You can vote for basket ball HERE. How about making a feature suggestion about the windsurfing too! HERE

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, @OplGV! If you want to track these activities for heart rate, you can track them within your Ionic as "workout" and then rename them, which will allow you to have the calorie burn associated with your steps and heart rate, rather than the estimate of calorie burn you get by adding them from the app or web after the face. The downside is you don't get the GPS. If you wanted GPS to track those exercises, you would have to track them with one of the other methods that actively use GPS, like run/walk/hike/bike. I'm not sure that you can rename those, though, which is certainly a downside.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

there really should be a generic GPS tracking mode, I thought we had one on the Blaze (sold mine)? If no generic GPS tracking, then we should have the ability to change the category/name.

I've used my GPS bike computer to track a hike, and after it syncs to Garmin Connect can change the category from Road Cycling to Hiking (or Walking).

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I am having success with tracking most of my activities but mapping distance covered using stroke rate is problematic. For example ionic result showed I paddled 61 metres over 3 hours and 39 minutes and burned 934 cals! It also showed the map of water area I covered at the lake where I paddled. Any advice on this issue would be appreciated.

Best Answer

i use  the bike or interval training exercise programme on my ionic  with GPS turned on.... For windsurfing and supping

Best Answer

@BronwynE wrote:

Hi

I am having success with tracking most of my activities but mapping distance covered using stroke rate is problematic. For example ionic result showed I paddled 61 metres over 3 hours and 39 minutes and burned 934 cals! It also showed the map of water area I covered at the lake where I paddled. Any advice on this issue would be appreciated.

I use  the bike or interval training exercise programme on my ionic  with GPS turned on.... For windsurfing and supping

Best Answer

It's great to give you a warm welcome to the Community @marcws0! Thanks for sharing the option that you user to track this type of activities. 

Have you checked our Feature Suggestions board? You can find get moving, eat well, manage weight and sleep better tipsRobot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer