Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Swimming, Table Tennis and Badminton...!!!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do swimming and play table tennis or badminton for say about 3 to 4 days a week. Roughly hour and half to couple of hours in total for each day.

Query

Can fitbit ionic identify automatically and track swimming? or do I need to manually select an option?

Similarly, can it identify and track / award appropriate points for table tennis and badminton? I don't want them to be identified as generalized activity, I am guessing generalized activity won't match with table tennis and badminton.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@heeemz wrote:
Thank You, I prefer things auto recognized vs. changing it manually, though accuracy may be little lower than manual selection. I am OK with that. Will it auto recognize badminton / table tennis as tennis?

The exercises it auto recognises are: Walk, Run, Outdoor Bike, Elliptical, Sport, Aerobic Workout and Swim. Quite what the parameters are I don't know but you could possibly switch on "Sport" and see how that does. Tennis is not an auto recognised option. You would have to manually start that.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I'd say you'd have to select swimming for a more accurate assessment and to help break down your workouts to individual activities

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just saw a new app called "Tennis" that analyzes some game elements that you might be interested in.

Best Answer

@heeemz There is an option to auto recognise swimming - you will need to make sure it is enabled within the settings of your Dashboard (on the web, not on your phone), where you can also change the time duration before the activity is recognised as swimming. However, like all activities, I tend to want them activated from the outset, by manually starting the respective exercise.

With regards to badminton, there isn’t a specific activity for logging that. I just use Tennis instead. It records time, HR and calories, so that’s good enough for me. For Table tennis I’d suggest the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I prefer things auto recognized vs. changing it manually, though accuracy may be little lower than manual selection. I am OK with that. Just don't know, if it can recognize tennis and swimming auto and credits accordingly vs. general activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You, I prefer things auto recognized vs. changing it manually, though accuracy may be little lower than manual selection. I am OK with that. Will it auto recognize badminton / table tennis as tennis?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@heeemz wrote:

The exercises it auto recognises are: Walk, Run, Outdoor Bike, Elliptical, Sport, Aerobic Workout and Swim. Quite what the parameters are I don't know but you could possibly switch on "Sport" and see how that does. Tennis is not an auto recognised option. You would have to manually start that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@heeemz wrote:

Thank you for your inputs, this clarifies. Yeah, I missed looking at these options. :). After your post,  I checked and yes - Tennis is not auto recognized but sport is. Two follow-up queries ---

I am guessing, playing a sport like Tennis / Badminton / Table Tennis and so on should be recognized auto as long as it was more than 10 minutes (I have setup auto recognition limit as longer than 10 min), is that correct?

and then I can categorized as respective sports Tennis / Badminton / Table Tennis from app. is that correct?

Best Answer

Can you expand on which. Like forehand backhand smash etc, thanks. I play both TT and Tennis and have been looking for stroke analysis on my wrist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes