Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking activities with Ionic and editing runs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I with my watch, I wait for the GPS to connect and then I press start the run. When I finish, The data is an accurate because I'm starting and stopping at the exact place. It says the GPS is connected but it doesn't logging data usually missing the first 1/4 mile. It would be nice to edit the start and end points to show accurate information. I'm running 8min miles but this shows me over 9min bc it's missing a 1/4 mile.

Can we set up a way where we can change the start point on the mao long as the whole run is in map view to show accuracy? If not, can we edit the distance ran in the summary somehow? This is very frustrating. I'm willing to supply screenshots

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@fitzgd01 Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for letting me know what you're experiencing with your Ionic while tracking a GPS activity. I would like you to check the following requirements: 

• Make sure your Ionic is charged to at least 80%
  •  Confirm your watch is syncing to your Fitbit app, the more you sync it, the faster your device can connect to GPS 
  • Make sure that you have a clear view of the sky when you start the exercise. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work. 
  • Avoid trying to start an exercise with GPS several times in a row, which can prevent your device from connecting to GPS.

It's not possible to edit an activity once it has been tracked. However, you could delete the activity that didn't record the whole run and manually enter it in your Dashboard

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes