Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Ionics won’t connect or update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Two Ionic watches, mine and my husband’s will no longer connect or update. Customer help wants to pretend both watches suddenly broke in the same way, at the same time, right after we downloaded the latest app update to our iPhones. Riiiight. Come on, people. We can’t connect the watches to the app to update the watches bc something in the app update is screwed up. Fix the problem. Don’t lie to us and pretend two watches simultaneously broke after updating the app and pretend we need to buy new ones after you broke it. Frustrating.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and formatting 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Jwunder Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experiences and thank you for the information, for the troubleshooting steps you've tried and for taking the time to provide your feedback. I understand where you're coming from. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

If you already completed all the instructions listed at Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and Why can't I update my Fitbit device? and you already contacted our support team, I recommend to continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Cindy.

Unfortunately, thus far, their suggestion is to buy two new Ionics. That means I need to wait until someone decides to acknowledge the astronomically improbable odds that two, different Ionics suddenly broke at the same time without something going awry at Fitbit. It’s ridiculous to pretend that the simultaneous connection problems that occurred on both watches only after updating the app are not caused by the update. They need to acknowledge there is an issue caused by the update and fix the issue. Not play dumb and tell me to buy two new watches, which on its own is mind bogglingly poor response that seems designed to turn people away.

Best Answer