Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to re-setup Ionic after hard reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit adidas edition whose time started to slow down.
I tried to resync from my mobile but the time remained out of sync. I restart the tracker using the back and bottom button several times but it did not work.
I also tried hard reset using all 3 buttons but ended with "Data not cleared Sync & try again" message on tracker.

I then tried to perform setup from the mobile but it was unable to connect to the tracker. My Ionic device disappeared from my mobile and I could not see the Ionic in mobile bluetooth list.
I cleared the cache on the mobile but it did not help.
I uninstalled/re-installed the Fitbit app on the mobile but the situation did not change.

Please advise how I can clear the data on the tracker for a fresh setup

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @SGjogger - try the following procedure

Remove any entry for the watch from the phone's Bluetooth and

In the phone Fitbit App

Click on profile photo [top left]

If the device is still showing remove

[by dustbin top right]

Click on  + Set up a Device

Follow the installation instructions

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not able to unpair the Ionic as it cannot be seen/deleted during the setup process.

I am not able to see the Ionic device in fitbit. In fact I have now paired with Versa successfully.

I used another tablet with a different account and tried to connect to the Ionic. It was also unable to detect the Ionic.

The Ionic showed the  "Data not cleared Sync & try again" and somehow refused to connect to anyone else.

Yet I have no means to Sync or initial a new setup with the Ionic adidas

Best Answer

@SGjogger  - if you have a other Fitbit devices connected to your phone you will need to remove them

You can't have 2 devices on one account. You can't set up a watch on a computer.

Try removing all Fitbit devices in Bluetooth and shut down any other Bluetooth devices, including anyone else with you, and restart the watch and setup process.

If that doesn't work the watch may have a fault and probably best to contact Fitbit support to check it out.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes