Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set Strava app on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all... Any help please. Can't open strava on my fitbit.. Tries everything.. Keeps telling me to go to settings in the fitbit strava app... Same... Won't sync account... Any help appreciated 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Have you gone to your Fitbit App Strava settings? And logged into your Strava account. 

From the fitbit app 

Account, Ionic, Apps

Find Strava and tap the cog to the right. 

Now log into your Strava account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi... Says authorised... But see attached display on watch...
Best Answer

Your authorize is for the Strava / Fitbit link. 

You are asking about the Fitbit Strava dashboard on your Fitbit tracker. Two completely different authorizations.

Just like you need to log into your Fitbit account in your Fitbit app, the user needs to log into their Strava Account in their Strava app on the Fitbit Tracker. 

Screenshot_20200208-222013_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200208-222114_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200208-222146_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200208-222225_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200208-222335_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200208-222357_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer

Looking through your screenshots, it seems like the problem is that I’m not being redirected to the Strava log-in screen...it just takes me to a screen where I can authorize them to communicate but then I can’t enter my log-in info anywhere. Thoughts? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only authrization for communicating if for syncing. And this has nothing to do with the Strava dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This site

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of these steps and when I click the icon on my watch it tells me go to strava settings on your fitbit mobile app to log in.

This is very frustrating, I have done all of your suggestions, including following your screen shots. When I pull up the strava on my fitbit mobile app it says im logged in and authorized. I then synced my versa 2 just to make sure. When I then pull up the strava app on my versa 2 watch face I tells me to go to strava settings on my fitbit mobile app to log in 

Moderator edit" merged reply

Best Answer

was this ever resolved? i am having the same issue, everything is ‘authorised’ but the actual fitbit device is saying ‘link account’ when clicking on the strava app

Best Answer

Its been going on for years now. Its no closer to being resolved as far as seing anything on the strava app on the Ionic.  Sometimes mine works, mostly it doesnt.

Did you try to authorise with strava.fitbit.com , that sometimes works and might at least get your run info to sync with the Strava app once its in the fitbit app.  It will still show as unauthorised though within the fitbit environment.

Best Answer

@dlaney01 @kimberleyjean @Iain_K It's nice to see you on the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I would like you to try the following: 

- Confirm you've done this procedure to set Strava on your watch 

- Once the apps have linked, sync your watch 

- If your Ionic still says to go to the app and link, restart it 

- Leave the Fitbit app running in the background of the phone for the app to receive updates

Let me know the outcome. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No...it very occasionally connects randomly but that’s about it....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue, I have followed all the steps on my new Versa 2 and nothing, I’ve reinstalled the app, reset the watch, followed every step suggested, i would like some support with this

Best Answer

@jesswright3 @Lmalt Thanks for getting back. I appreciate the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

Thanks for your reports on this. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

did this ever get solved? Gone through all these steps and still cant get strava on the decide to know its synced 

I'm using a versa 2

Best Answer

@Char.j98 A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you followed the recommended troubleshooting. I would like you to confirm you performed the procedure mentioned in this post

If you have but you're still experiencing the same, I can confirm that out team is aware of this and working to identify a resolution. Your patience and understanding is appreciated. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's literally been a year since this post and the problem still persists. All connections have been made between strava and fitbit, via their respective phone apps. But the arm tracker itself says I have to go to the fitbit phone app and login to strava. Already did that. So why won't the arm device register what the fitbit phone app and the strava phone app are clearly showing?

This was one year ago. What have you done to resolve the problem? I'm having this problem too and have already followed every dlbit of advice and every suggestion offeres in this forum.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had 0 luck the past year…as far as I can tell, nothing has been done. Mine will randomly connect briefly but that’s it. It doesn’t connect consistently to anything on my phone…

Best Answer

A lot of people specifically bought their trackers to use with strava and they haven't figured out this glitch after a whole year of "working on it". Weak sauce 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rooface your fitbit account will work with Strava. IE: All my gps recorded walks are being sent to Strava. 

The Strava App for the tracker, that this thread is about, was removed from the app gallery about a year ago. 

Best Answer