Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update to OS 2.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got notification that I could update my Ionic to Fitbit OS 2.1, so I tried.  I got a message that my battery was too low to complete the update (it was about 50%).  So I charged it and repeatedly get the same message.  I am unable to update.  Anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello I just finished my update to Fitbit OS 2.1 on my ionic. It took about 90 minutes but at least it worked the first time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I am certainly glad that it worked for you. Looking for solutions for myself though. Mine would not complete, saying the battery was not charged enough, even when it was fully charged. Not sure what to do about that!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured by now there would be more responses than mine.  Did you try to turn off your watch off, disconnect your app from your watch and then reconnect?  When I applied the update. I made sure no apps were running in the back ground.  You could try shutting off your phone and back on again. 

I also connected my charger to my watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So...I did nothing except wait for a week. Decided to give it another try tonight and it took. Go figure!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have three Ionic, currently two and all didn't have problem to get the OS 2.1.

After 30 minutes or until 1 hour all done, without struggling or other problems.

But screen slow and other "bugs" which are mentioned in the community.

It's very very strange that so much different issues with the Ionic.

Looks like not well developed! 😞

Hopefully they are providing OS 2.2 very quick without all bugs!

Regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The keys are you have to have both the Ionic and your smartphone connected to power, and you have to be patient. Just set them aside and go do something for awhile. 

@KerryM1000 wrote:

I got notification that I could update my Ionic to Fitbit OS 2.1, so I tried.  I got a message that my battery was too low to complete the update (it was about 50%).  So I charged it and repeatedly get the same message.  I am unable to update.  Anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having huge problems with this.  My Fitbit Ionic was working okay except the alarms weren't working every day.  So I contacted Fitbit and they said to do a factory reset which has made things even worse because now I can't set up my Fitbit, it keeps 'hanging' and telling me I need to do this update however the update also hangs and now I have a Fitbit that is stuck on the 'Setup' screen!!  :o(

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is that my phone searches for my Ionic, says it can't find it, so I am unable download OS 2.1 and sync my device.  Tried all the recommended options below (connected to power, turned phone off and on, disabled other bluetooth connections) but no luck.  

Anyone else having this issue and any good solutions other than wait it out?  Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes