Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible Devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would love to see the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active on the compatible devices list! I'm unable to connect my fitbit to my phone and really wish I could! It sucks spending your money on something for it not to work!

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @MSSDTOP this should be a compatible device already - I'm moving this to our Ionic board for some trouble shooting. Thanks

Best Answer

Hi @MSSDTOP - This is a compatible phone - see below:

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

What issues are you having?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you but it is not on the compatible devices list. I called customer service for troubleshooting and was told it wasn't compatible. The S6 Active is but not the S7 Active.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not appearing on the compatible devices list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just recently bought a Fitbit Ionic and found out I couldn't push notifications into the watch. I have an Oppo R9 plus. When will that be compatible? It is so annoying that salespersons claim it is Android compatible and when asked if it applies to all phones and the answer is yes. How can I now return it and get my money back after opening it? Such a waste!

Best Answer

I have the same dilemma with my Oppo R9 Plus. I spent all that money on the Fitbit Ionic and after opening and configuring it I couldnt push any notifications on the watch. Waste of money, I tell you! So very disappointed!

Best Answer

How does Fitbit determine which devices they support? I have an HTC 10 phone, only about 18 months old, and the compatible device list has a lot of older phones, e.g. the HTC One M7 that's about four years old, but not a lot of the newer phones like the 10 or the new U11. As the newer phones are more likely to have newer versions of Android, Bluetooth, etc. I would have thought they'd be more likely to be supported, not less.

Fitbit Ionic (v27.32.4.18) and Surge HR (v16.34.6.1). Phone: HTC 10, Android 8.0.0 (v3.20.710.2)
Best Answer

I thought I'd add to my last post to say that I've had my Ionic for a couple of weeks now and I'm not having any problems using it with my HTC 10. Sometimes if I want to synch manually I might have to tap Synch Now in the app two or three times before it successfully synchs, but I accept this as normal as my old Surge was exactly the same, with both my current phone and my previous one (a Samsung Galaxy S4), and it does keep updating information when All-Day Synch is on. I've also tried a few different clock faces and added an app to the watch, so it seems to be fine.

I'd guess most phones with reasonably current software will work just fine and Fitbit is hedging their bets by not guaranteeing it works with everything they haven't fully tested. And that's fair enough. It would be nice to think they're testing more phones and updating the list, but I don't know if they are.

Fitbit Ionic (v27.32.4.18) and Surge HR (v16.34.6.1). Phone: HTC 10, Android 8.0.0 (v3.20.710.2)
Best Answer

If it is S7 and S6 is supported, S7 should be supported, and if it's not, it should be soon. Can you download the app on the S7 at all?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

it works on the s7 active. now trying to pair it and do anything is really tough. I paired it with my 7 active this morning. It is super frustrating to get this thing all setup though

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello

can you make the huawei P8 Lite (2017) a compatible device for the Fitbit?

I have one and i cannot use it with my phone

thank you

Best Answer

Hello everyone, 

Could you tell me if Ionic watch is compatible with a Huawei Honor 8? My last Blaze was fine with this phone but i don't know if Ionic it's  ok.

Best regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea. I have not looked at the "list". Apparently my galaxy 7
active was not on the this list, I got the ionic for Christmas and just
added it as a new device to my fitbit app. It works great. I can say that
when I purchased my charge 2 it would not find the device on my phone. I
added the charge 2 device to my tablet first. When that worked I added it
to my phone. Weird but it worked. No problems though with the ionic.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my very expensive watch and earbuds and noticed it won't sink!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so mad!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It takes serious patience. When I got both watches it was a 6 hour ordeal.
No joke. Try syncing to a tablet first. I even restarted my wifi to get it
going. Then realized it was working fine. What phone?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Why isn't my Oppo R9s compatible?  This is very annoying that I cannot get notifications on my Ionic.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have an HTC 10 and just bought the Charge 2.  My HTC 10 has Android 8.0 Oreo.  I had no problem connecting the tracker to my phone.  The only issue is that I can't get phone notifications to push to my tracker.  Everything else works.  It would be nice to have the notifications.  That is one reason I bought the Charge 2, was for this feature.  Oh well, it's not the end of the world. At least it works.  Maybe in a future firmware update they might fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I am using sony xz premium, having the same issue. Not getting notifications. Are there plans to include this device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's strange is, mine works every once in awhile. Not very often.  Hopefully, the next firmware update will fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes